Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Stats

Spider, why not simply put it on a page on your own website before posting it here. I don't think you would even need to link to it but you might want to. I'm not a lawyer either but I think where it was posted first would supersede the post here.

This is a subject that comes up on webmaster forums from time to time. I have definitely seen responses by copyright attorneys stating that what something is placed on a website it is copyrighted at that time.

Say you did a blog about your travels through Africa. If you put it on blogger.com, they own it. If you put it on a blog site you own, its yours. Take a different example. Say a woman posts bikini photo on a dating site. They own that photo unless she had posted it on her site prior to that or had otherwise copyrighted it.

Like I said, I'm not an attorney, and for true legal advice you should talk to one, but I have seen a number of posts by attorneys on this subject.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

My new book containing all of Spider's posts is almost complete. If all goes well, I may be doing a national tour with book signing later this year. I will announce the details as soon as I have them.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Quote Originally Posted by cbscreative View Post
    My new book containing all of Spider's posts is almost complete. If all goes well, I may be doing a national tour with book signing later this year. I will announce the details as soon as I have them.
    Then it must be a very thin book, indeed! Wait 'til next year and we'll do a joint tour.