PDA

View Full Version : Door "hanger" marketing. Does it work?

thecly
10-15-2013, 06:48 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with door hanger advertising? Does it work? I made one what do you guys think?

KristineS
10-16-2013, 12:25 PM
I think door hanger advertising does still work for some things, restaurant menus are one thing that springs to mind. I save those unless I'm completely uninterested in the restaurant, because you never know when you might want to order in.

I'm not so sure a door hanger would work for a laundry service. It seems like the places to advertise a laundry service would be in laundromats and places like that. I could be wrong and a door hanger might work, but I'd guess there are better advertising channels than that. Since you are online, I'd look at setting up a Facebook page and connecting with local people in your community. If you follow strategically, you should be able to build a nice local fan base.

Also, as a side note, you misspelled apartment on your door hanger.

Steve B
10-16-2013, 05:04 PM
I think your design is great. I think it just might work for you. People at the Laundramat may not be able to afford your service - although I'm sure some would justify because of the conveniance. I think the door hanger could work for this type of service. Good luck.

Wozcreative
10-16-2013, 07:44 PM
I think it would definitely work with this type of service! Heck maybe even offer to pickup loads for that price? every thursdays? I'd appreciate that type of service.

WhiteRhinoMedia
01-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Door hangers are good, this ad is not so good. You never want to do reverse type on a ad (black
background with white type). Very hard on the eyes (tax the reader and they will not read).

Rather than 'sign up now at www..." I would say "See how it works here- www..."

Not sure I would put the price on the ad. Now the ad becomes a sales piece and there
is not much selling lingo to push sales.

If I were to get this I may be interested, but you give so little info I would likely not
follow through with it. A trial offer may be wiser and promote fast response as well
as drive leads to your online sales page (which you need).

DOREYCOM
04-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Hello

From my experience as advertising agency is it will works only if you do this several times (with 1,200 to 2,000 hangers minimum), so not just with only one campaign. Your hanger also need to contain a motivating message. Experience for a French bakery in DC, it worked for them to propose free small breads during Christmas. It worked less when they proposed Gift card... Who knows why!

tinker9696
04-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Of all the advertising that we did, the one that had the most return ( which wasnt a lot) was similar to door hanger. I put a coupon and a dog bone treat in a plastic snack bag and hired some kids to distribute them to houses . It was the least expensive of all the advertising we were doing at the time and comparatively the most effective. I only did 500 and about 20 people came in with the coupon. About 10 of those customers return.

Express Web Studio
06-24-2014, 02:29 PM
My former business (Asphalt) that I sold after 11 years we passed out tons of flyers. Here's what I learned:

I used teams of 3-5 people. It takes a lot of time to do.
Have maps for anyone without a smart phone. (I printed paper maps with neighborhoods circled)
Have them draw on the streets they did with a pen so they don't get lost.
Give them all prepaid cell phones to use if they don't have a phone.
Have a cooler with ice, water, and Gatorade.
Make sure they take bathroom & water breaks between routes.
Write down on your own map where you dropped off "JOHN" and when.
Keep track of how long the average route is so you can know when JOHN will need to be picked up next time.

We put the flyers on the post of the mailbox. Technically you're not even supposed to put them on the post but usually the mailman doesn't care as long as it isn't on the mailbox. If you put them on/near the mailbox you can do both sides of the street at the same time which will save a massive amount of time.

I eventually graduated to direct mail but that is much more expensive for the same return. Usually 1% or less.

MarketingMasterSystem
11-16-2015, 01:31 PM
I like it. I don't think it needs to be overly sales-y because the offer is clear and compelling. I do question that it seems too good to be true though, it seems too inexpensive.

SumpinSpecial
09-14-2017, 05:00 PM
We put the flyers on the post of the mailbox. Technically you're not even supposed to put them on the post but usually the mailman doesn't care as long as it isn't on the mailbox. If you put them on/near the mailbox you can do both sides of the street at the same time which will save a massive amount of time.

I think it's kind of a shame that you can't put them inside the mailbox, but I understand the reasoning. But (and this is just me) I hate things stuck on my front door, tossed on my porch, or worst of all: stuck on my garage door. I always fantasize going around the neighborhood collecting those things, taking them all to the business and setting fire to the pile on THEIR front door. And people who stick flyers on cars in parking lots or in driveways... there are no words!

But the spam/telemarketing problem has made me very hostile to most kinds of advertising. I realize this may limit the growth of my shop! It's a conundrum!

Having said all that, I went back and read the OP's flyer and I have to admit that I love the business idea. That's pretty brilliant!

HumaneHosting
01-16-2018, 12:59 PM
It seems like the places to advertise a laundry service would be in laundromats and places like that.

Is it me or do you really think laundry mats will willingly shoot themselves in their own feet to lose their own customer base??

mingtseta
04-23-2018, 03:39 AM
I think this is a brilliant idea, but will only work in limited place, like the place where has doors. (sorry not funny)

journalist55
03-18-2022, 10:17 AM
I don't have any experience with promoting a business/promoter through door hanger advertising but I don't think it is that effective today. I know whenever I see a door hanger advertisement on my front door I disregard it completely. Print advertising today is not common.