PDA

View Full Version : Website Feedback

thecly
10-15-2013, 06:11 PM
This is my first post on this forum. Im really excited to get some help and opinions of everyone. I have built a website for my laundry business. Everyone that I know says its great. I would really like some feedback from complete strangers. Brutal honest feedback haha. tell me what you think or what i can improve. :D

We Wash. You Play. : The Nifty Penguin (http://www.niftypenguin.com)

KristineS
10-16-2013, 12:44 PM
A few things I noticed. First the picture at the top of the laundry room is really big. I have a fairly large monitor and I still had to scroll down before I saw any text. So you might look at making that picture smaller.

Second, why a picture of a laundry room? Is that how you're washing people's clothes, in a laundry room like that? That's a picture of what people are trying to avoid by using your service, and it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in how much washing you'll be able to handle. So you might want to rethink the picture entirely. A picture of a stack of nicely washed and folded clothes, or a happy delivery person delivering laundry might work better.

Third, what do you do about people with allergies or who prefer a specific brand of detergent or no fabric softener? I have pretty sensitive skin, and it reacts badly to a lot of things, so I have very specific detergents and things I can use. If I use your service, can you accommodate me? How can I be sure I'm not going to break out in itching and skin irritations if I let you wash my clothes instead of doing it myself? I know people who have reactions or are allergic to fabric softeners and detergents are a minority, but there's enough of them out there that most detergent companies make scent free products, so it's something to think about.

That's about all I can think of for now.

TheResourcefulCEO
02-05-2014, 06:07 PM
I agree with the people that you know, that your site looks great. Eye catching, compelling and clean. Call to action right there in the immediate view. In your menu, I would include an "About Us" page. I'd then put information about the founders or the employees or the company as a whole. Something that would make me feel a little more comfortable about having strangers come to my home address!

Also, as KristeneS says above, perhaps you can include a link to a page with articles about sensitive skin, serious stains, etc. that people may be interested in and that could help you convert more visitors. You can perhaps ties those articles into a local PR campaign to help your business grow.

Looks great! Good luck.

Enerica
02-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Your website looks very good! I am not a big fan of the chat box (or chat boxes on websites in general). Also, it is not immediately clear which areas you serve, which may be important.

Finally, I think your FAQ page could look a little nicer. (More spacing, change the font of the questions). Also, your logo is adorable and I think you should add it to your top menu bar so it's seen right away.

JohnF
02-11-2014, 02:11 AM
Looks pretty good, with a few big flaws. The rotating photos should be way smaller so people don't have to scroll down so much to see the explanation of how it works. I'd also use a photo sequence that tells a story- like, 1- the bags of laundry outside their front door, 2- your van picking them up 3- clothes being washed and 4- your team, smiling and standing in front of folded laundry. Or something like that, but sequential.

The page is a little too tall overall. Cut out some empty space and compress it vertically, and spread it out horizontally where you have room. Basically, don't make people scroll so much.

The top bar blends in too much. I would put that bar on a solid color background rather than laying it over the photo. Also add a button up there to sign up for the free trial, and put it in the upper left corner. Make that and the Contact button a different color from the other buttons (action color like red/yellow/orange) so they stand out more. Don't worry about having multiple signup buttons- you want one on the top bar so it's always on the page and people can't scroll past it.

Also, it's not at all clear where you are. I'm guessing the greater Pensacola area. Put that right up top on the front page, so everyone sees it and you don't lose customers cause they're not sure you're in their area.

trunker
02-11-2014, 02:25 AM
I really like the paranormal activity YouTube video linked from for site. Made me chuckle. I agree the slide is too big. I would feel comfortable using your service based on your website.

Sean_DeSilva
02-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Hi, the design is good! Try switching your first "get started" button with a "learn more" button that moves them down the page to your "learn more" section where you take them through your two-step process for ordering and then receiving fresh clothes at their door the next day, or however you do it. You may get more orders this way, as you are more tightly matching customers buying process by guiding him before asking for a commitment.