PDA

View Full Version : Cameras's

billbenson
10-06-2013, 09:25 PM
As I posted in a different thread, I want to make a website of martial arts kata's and techniques at full speed, half speed and frame by frame. Most of the frame by frame stuff will be still photos. It would be nice, however, to be able to capture still frames (pictures) from video. The video would be taken from 10 ft to 40 ft away from the demonstration.

So the camera doesn't need to have a lot of features, but as I understaned it, it should be able to take images as part of the video at a high frame per second rate.

Does anybody have recommendations for either a camera that would be good for this or the specs? It will only used for this purpose.

nealrm
10-07-2013, 11:31 AM
The FPS rate on cameras is about 60 frame per second, you will want about 120 FPS to capture good high speed video. However, many can take a multiple frame burst of several photos. That would provide good stop action images for about 1-2 seconds, but would not be suitable for video. Also, you would need a flash that can recycle at that rate. Capturing high speed images is as much about the lighting as about the camera. What you may consider is getting a good DSL camera and high speed flash for the images. Then rent a camcorder for the video.

Jeffslayter
10-07-2013, 12:06 PM
What kind of camera you using? try to take a look on Cannon. Cannon has a good quality for taking videos. like Nealrm said, 120 FPS camera would be nice.

billbenson
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanks Neal, Jeff.

Renting really isn't going to be a good option as this is going to be a task that is done as time is available over a period of years. Actually it will never end timewise. We will always be adding content to the site.