PDA

View Full Version : WidgetBucks

the goat
02-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Is anyone using this? I watched the video and it looks pretty interesting. I was hoping to get some feedback before signing up though.

rezzy
02-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Just some quick notes I found on widgetbucks.

The ads are flash based. And that can slow down a users computer. Plus they look advertisements look scammy. If I saw adverts, like the ones of the site, I would be cautious about their content. They look very big, and remind me of sites that use "swat the fly and win an ipod ads."

seolman
02-04-2009, 09:22 PM
I've never used it but the guy at Problogger seems to speak highly of them. I ran across this a couple days ago:

How I Make Money Blogging - Top Income Streams Update (http://www.problogger.net/archives/2008/06/04/how-i-make-money-blogging-top-income-streams-update/)

It's from June last year but it should still be relevant.

the goat
02-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't read that site, do you know him to be fairly objective? I tend to shy away from reviews that have affiliate links, that's why I like to get feedback on forums before trying out new things.

seolman
02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I have a feeling he has weeded through the affiliate crap and pulled out a few that seem to be legit - and my reason for saying that is his site has great quality info and I hate affiliate garbage as much as you do.

Steve put me on to this guy and so far I have no complaints. Top quality info - if I find any garbage I'll tell the guy myself :D

the goat
02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Right on, as long as he has a good reputation. A referral from Steve is gold, although that could mean about half the members here. Sometimes I think we should rename this site asksteve.com

orion_joel
02-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I think you will put an idea into at least one of the Steve's heads with that one. However almost 100% chance that domain is registered.