PDA

View Full Version : Check it out and let me know....

plichtenauer
09-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I need that outside perspective on my site. 1812 Productions (www.1812prod.com)

vangogh
09-25-2013, 02:11 AM
First impression is a good one. The site generally looks good. Pretty obvious what you do as well.

I'm not crazy about your logo. It looks like it could be done better for one. The choice of font or maybe the size of it or just being on the curve makes it a little hard to read. However even if those things are fixed, I'm not sure a microphone is the way to go. The connection is obvious, but it seems like too obvious an image. Maybe if it were more abstract or if it was a less common image of a microphone.

I do like the expanding hover effect over the 3 images on the home page.

I see the site is responsive, which gets a huge thumbs up from me. :) and a smiley.

Having the samples is a great idea. I wanted to see a little more description about each for some context and to know more about each project. I'm not sure it's something you have to include, but it would be nice to see. The presentation of the page itself could be improved. The audio player width should be held to a narrower max. Maybe they could all fit to the left of the image instead of below it.

On the solutions page, the image at the top is nice, but it pushes all the content off the screen for me. I think it would be more important to feature the content.

Speaking of content, the site feels light on content. I can tell what you do and I see some samples, but I still want more. Why not a page about yourself and/or the business. I see an rss icon, but there's nothing to really subscribe to. What about adding a blog?

Overall I like what I see, but I want to see more. More content to really tell me about yourself and business so I have more information to make a decision about hiring you.

Hope that helps.

KristineS
09-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Overall, I like it. Have to agree with Vangogh that I'm not wild about your logo. It does seem like it could be done more professionally, and the writing on the curve is kind of hard to read.

The site itself is nice and clean and you make good image choices. I also like that it appears someone has proofread your site copy. You use possessives and plurals properly, which some sites can't manage.

The menu at the top bugs me a bit. Your Facebook icon does not take anyone who clicks to your Facebook page, it takes you to a 404 page, so you might want to fix that. Overall, to me, the menu just seems bland in appearance. I get that the goal is to keep the site clean, but I kind of want the menu to stand out more.

On the contact page, it would be nice if the e-mail was a clickable link. I'd also include a link to your Facebook page, just for the heck of it. The more ways people can contact you, the more likely they are to do so.

plichtenauer
09-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. And grammar is something that is very important to me, since I am a certified English teacher..... :-)

KristineS
09-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. And grammar is something that is very important to me, since I am a certified English teacher..... :-)

I'm a writer, and I grew up in a family with teachers and professors as grandparents and aunts and uncles, so I'm a major stickler about grammar. It annoys me no end when I visit a website and it's sloppily written and punctuated. It just takes the whole tone of the site right down to a lower level.

ASAPchange
09-26-2013, 03:30 PM
I like it generaly, too.
Regarding logo, I would maybe just change that blue cyrcle with white, since I think that blue is biggest issue on it.
On About page, I don't see the point linking whole text in content to the image. And it can confuze visitors since noone expect that.
And on home slider, I am noticing lower quality if that 2 photos, it would look much better if they are in better resolution.

plichtenauer
09-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I have to figure out why it is doing that on the about page. The whole text piece isn't supposed to be a link.

On the home slider, the photo with the mic and pop filter is supposed to be like that. I blurred everything in the background and sharpened the focus on the mic and pop filter in the foreground. The other one is just a bad picture that needs to be redone.

ASAPchange
09-26-2013, 04:02 PM
I thought you did that link by purpose, earlier. So now I checked that page code and I see it's in wordpress. Try go to edit that page, and look at HTML view. Then try to delete this:

class="grouped_elements"

I hope that'll help.

edited:

Sorry, didn't noticed this:

You have unclosed A tag, so where you see

</a

just add closing part so it looks like this:

</a>

plichtenauer
09-26-2013, 06:19 PM
AHA! Thanks ASAP....Closing that "a" tag did it. I know nothing hardly of HTML, but I am learning bit by bit.

markjans
11-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Wow looks really good to me!

What I would recommend it a better CTA. You did a pretty good job with the black button on the frontpage, but since you have a fade in and outbox the button is not that clear all the time. Maybe you can redesign this button and give it a white border or a glow!

Twhansbury
11-25-2013, 09:43 AM
I like the layout and agree with the logo needing to be worked on with the name maybe going across, instead of around the rim.
Believe you have a site that matches your company and the work it does and will serve you well on the internet

liamdai
01-11-2014, 03:40 PM
I would put a brief description about what you do.

From initial view, i naturally assume you are in the audio business, but i am not sure whether you are a singer who wants to brand yourself or a studio that people can use, or a business that offers services to people.