PDA

View Full Version : Want a font in YOUR handwriting?

jem
02-03-2009, 08:41 AM
So I have read about using fonts that look like handwriting and came across this www.yourfonts.com (http://www.yourfonts.com/)

You can have a font in YOUR handwriting - for free.

Haven't tried it yet - but it looks kinda cool, plus it appears you can use the ^ symbol for you signature....

Simon
PS I am NOT affiliated with them - so no guarantees etc but it came from a reputable source (lifehacker)

rezzy
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
My handwriting is not pretty enough to use it as a font. I imagine that would be a long process to get all the letters mapped out.

vangogh
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
That's a pretty cool site. I'm afraid that my handwriting is not well suited for reading on the web or in print. It's not exactly well suited for reading by me either. I do know people who have really nice handwriting though so maybe I can get them to create me something.

I wouldn't ever recommend using the font you get for your main copy. No matter how beautiful it's going to impede reading, but you could use a handwritten font for shorter blocks of text like headings.

Thanks for the link Simon.

jem
02-03-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm in a similar boat, my Mum said I should be Doctor 'cos my writing was so awful!!!

But maybe that would be an advantage when it comes to getting letters opened...?

Simon

KristineS
02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
My handwriting is terrible, so there's no way I would ever want it made into a font. I barely write anything by hand anymore, I type almost everything. That way people can read what I write.

billbenson
02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
My hand writing is so bad that I got in the habit of using a text editor whenever I get customer calls etc. I rarely make handwritten notes. It's pretty bad when you can't read your own handwriting. Searching is a lot easier that way as well.

I sent the link to a friend that likes to do handwritten signatures in emails. I'll post if he says he likes it.