PDA

View Full Version : Online Payment processing

Alisha
09-18-2013, 01:41 AM
Do you attach with any payment channel to processing your online payment?

How is it worked?

vangogh
09-18-2013, 01:51 AM
I have a merchant account that I use to charge credit cards and I also use PayPal. Both have worked fine for me. If you're a developer you may want to try Stripe (https://stripe.com/). It's built by developers for developers.

Brian Altenhofel
09-18-2013, 03:20 PM
There's a lot of options out there. Be sure to read the terms and conditions, too, as there is a lot of variation in what products or services each processor will allow you to sell.

Alisha
09-20-2013, 02:05 AM
I have a merchant account that I use to charge credit cards and I also use PayPal. Both have worked fine for me.
Paypal deduct high percent task and not allow to high risk merchant account.

If you're a developer you may want to try Stripe. It's built by developers for developers.
Sorry dear, I am not a developer,anyways thank you very much for this link, Developers are benefited here.

nealrm
09-20-2013, 11:35 AM
From what I calculated, Paypal is significantly cheaper overall if you only do a hand full of credit card transaction each month. However, if you are doing a few hundred transaction a merchant account is the way to go. I am using Bill.com to handle the bill and invoicing. The email include a PDF of the invoices and a link to a Bill.com portal for payment. The customer can also view their payment and invoicing history. Due to some issue that I am having, I'm not ready to give a 100% endorsement, but it does look promising.

Freelancier
09-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Paypal is significantly cheaper overall if you only do a hand full of credit card transaction each month

Slight discount right now with Braintree via their Google Checkout conversion program (https://www.braintreepayments.com/google-checkout)... however, you have to host your own checkout page, which has its own costs. We were looking at that recently, because one of my businesses was using Google Checkout, which is scheduled to die in a couple of months. We looked at all the options, but it came down to I would end up putting more effort into hosting my own cart than I would save on a year of fees TODAY, so I went with PayPal. If in a year we find that the difference in cost was more than we anticipated, well we went with the easy solution for now and we'll spend in the future to lower our cost there.

We have one business on merchant account with Authorize.net, because they're doing $5K+ per month in credit card transactions, but the others are usually $1K or less, so it's not worth worrying about the fee if you can get up and running fast with PayPal. You just have to be aware of their terms of usage, which are heavily shaded toward allowing chargebacks even if they're bogus.

I have a client who is high risk and he's using PP for many countries, but he's also using ecSuite and a few others for certain situations... high risk means high cost, no matter who you go with.

nealrm
09-20-2013, 03:35 PM
What ever solution you select make sure that it doesn't rely in anyway on Quickbooks. Make sure that you can use some other accounting package.

Brian Altenhofel
09-20-2013, 04:39 PM
high risk means high cost, no matter who you go with.

That really depends on the reference point for "high cost".

Firearms and firearms-related merchandise are considered "high risk" by many providers, yet there are some providers that will process those transactions for as little as under 1% depending on volume.

For other transactions, PayPal is fine if your volume is under $2K/month. At that point, Authorize.net costs less than PayPal. But really, if someone is doing $10K+/month, they're even better off talking to a retail-oriented processor that requires you to go through their sales funnel and underwriting process rather than sticking with a general market processor.

quamz0
09-21-2013, 11:10 AM
If you want to use paypal for your website integration you can connect a paypal gateway to a merchant account. You would just need to find a merchant account provider for your business model. I know a few for high risk.

Alisha
09-23-2013, 04:10 AM
Thank you very much to all members being connected here.
Have you any idea about Ipaydna.biz payment channel ?
I have a account also providing very good service.

vangogh
10-02-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm not familiar with Ipaydna.biz, but I did a quick check on Google and they seem to have some positive reviews.

SEOLC
10-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Do you attach with any payment channel to processing your online payment?

How is it worked?

It is depend on few factors,
1) your locations specially for paypal
2) What kind of products and services you are providing
3) according to above 2 q you can decide which payment processors for, its flexibility and their transaction fee.

carloborja
10-04-2013, 12:03 AM
You may want to check this list:
Comparison of Credit Card Processing Companies (http://www.staff.com/blog/comparison-of-credit-card-processing-companies/)

It compares the popular credit card processing companies (including Paypal and Stripe, the ones mentioned above). It shows their features, rates and fees. That should help you decide which one would fit you and your business goals.

Brian Altenhofel
10-04-2013, 01:02 AM
You may want to check this list:
Comparison of Credit Card Processing Companies (http://www.staff.com/blog/comparison-of-credit-card-processing-companies/)

It compares the popular credit card processing companies (including Paypal and Stripe, the ones mentioned above). It shows their features, rates and fees. That should help you decide which one would fit you and your business goals.

Two things...

1) What's the relevancy of the Alexa ranking? :rolleyes:

2) While it does show fees, it'd be much better if it were to also show a comparison of estimated fees for different transaction amounts and values.

That said, if someone is doing more than $10K/mo in credit card sales, there's a good chance they can get much better rates that what are listed there from services that tend to not publish their rates.

carloborja
10-06-2013, 10:44 PM
1) What's the relevancy of the Alexa ranking? :rolleyes:

Was probably put in there to show the popularity or reach online? That is the only way I could think of it.

Michael Fied
10-07-2013, 03:00 PM
For most of my ventures I use stripe. It's very easy to setup on any platform and fees are reasonable. You can find plugins for just about any platform to support it. Best of luck.

Alisha
10-28-2013, 02:48 AM
I'm not familiar with Ipaydna.biz, but I did a quick check on Google and they seem to have some positive reviews.

Yeah I also noticed Ipaydna won lots of consumer faiths, so I prefer to be with them.I have not been getting any problem and a very positively continuing my relationship.