PDA

View Full Version : Good Landing Page Or No?

PayForWords
08-16-2013, 05:29 AM
Okay...so I'm in the process of promoting a new fitness app.

It is now live and taking sign ups for Android/iPhone users.

Essentially what it is....is this:

An app for personal trainers/clients that allow them to do meal plans, workouts, etc

All without ever meeting in person. It also allows personal trainers to track their earnings, etc.

What do you guys think of the sign up page?

www.TrainerTrakApp.com

One thing we're trying to do in order to get more signups is offering the first month free.

Then, it's only $5 a month.

Thoughts?

Harold Mansfield
08-16-2013, 10:06 AM
It's pretty good. Neat. Clean. Nice imagery and graphics.

If I were to offer any improvements it would be:

Make the headline bigger, and simplify it to "The Mobile Assistant for Personal Trainers".
I would probably list the benefits in a bullet format (and bold) so that people can see them without having to read. (Probably do 2 columns to keep it visually short)
I would probably put the form on the first page, and "About" on the second, however, even leaving it as is, there is no 2nd call to action. It goes from 4 paragraphs telling about the app, then the last paragraph is about voting for your upgrade and there's a different call to action. There should only be ONE call to action. Don't confuse people. Get them to sign up first and hit them with other options later, or put it on another page.
I would probably make the call to action button bigger or lighter in some way. It's pretty bland.
Get some Android and iOS icons in there somewhere above the fold so that people immediately make the connection that this will work with what they have.

KristineS
08-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Well, I was going to offer my feedback, but mostly it boils down to "what Harold said". It's a decent start, definitely. One additional think I would suggest is to leave the pay stub part out until later. You might mention taking payments or tracking bills, but dropping the words pay stub in the middle of all the things the app can do just sort of stops the flow.

Wozcreative
08-16-2013, 12:34 PM
I like it. I also like the idea of the app. It would be cool if you can offer the service of creating a customized app for each company.

In regards to the website. Everything I would have said, harold already did:

• call to action button bigger/brighter (maybe the yellow)
• List of benefits for trainer, and then benefits for the user training
• Video! Videos always help a lot.
• I don't like how everything is italicized.
• Watch your text alignment on the first paragraph starting with "no more clipboards....." — it doesnt align with the text or button above/below.

Personal:
I'm not a "fan" of the gradient color combo used.. but it's just me being picky.

PayForWords
08-16-2013, 07:57 PM
I like it. I also like the idea of the app. It would be cool if you can offer the service of creating a customized app for each company.

In regards to the website. Everything I would have said, harold already did:

• call to action button bigger/brighter (maybe the yellow)
• List of benefits for trainer, and then benefits for the user training
• Video! Videos always help a lot.
• I don't like how everything is italicized.
• Watch your text alignment on the first paragraph starting with "no more clipboards....." — it doesnt align with the text or button above/below.

Personal:
I'm not a "fan" of the gradient color combo used.. but it's just me being picky.

Thanks for the feedback. Right now, all that is offered is the option to add your own custom features.

You can suggest a feature and if it makes sense, the developers will literally add it in.

nexxterra
08-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Once you have to scroll down, there should be a call to action down there as well.
One thing you do not seem to address is the fact that these trainers make a living with their clients... what if I lose my phone, how can I know my information is safe? can I download backups?

LGCG
08-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah, nothing more to add than what Woz and Harold already said. The first thing I noticed was that the "$5 per month" stood out more than the call to action. That would probably be the first thing I'd experiment with.

Business magnate
08-22-2013, 03:59 PM
I agree, it's quite good. Most things you could test are already mentioned... maybe, test the placement of your call-to-action -- http://blog.kissmetrics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Image-2.png

Ngimo
12-16-2013, 07:35 AM

I also like this app and agree with Wozcreative suggestion over making customized app for each company.

CameronThomas12
01-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Hold the phone! This is a website for a mobile app that isn't suited to mobile phones? Look at Wozcreatives website, and then drag the screen to the smallest size possible. Do you see what happens?

wozcreative.com/

FlyPizzaGuy
02-01-2014, 02:42 AM
Hold the phone! This is a website for a mobile app that isn't suited to mobile phones? Look at Wozcreatives website, and then drag the screen to the smallest size possible. Do you see what happens?

wozcreative.com/

Pretty cool Windows Tile type of design.