PDA

View Full Version : Design Feedback

PayForWords
08-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Okay...

I have a personal blog that I messed around with a big and was wanting to know what you guys thought about it?

The Blog Age - Not The Ice Age (http://www.TheBlogAge.com)

The site does load slow but I'm switching hosting providers soon and I wanted to keep the site as simple and clean as possible.

In the near future, I'm putting a banner ad up top and to the right of the logo.

Also, the one post one there will show up as a "Read More" post once I add 4 more.

Any other thoughts/suggestions on the design of the site aside from all of this?

Wozcreative
08-08-2013, 12:00 AM
It's not done by a designer. I don't like it and theres too many reasons.
It brings me back to "geocities" websites when I was 14 and used all these crazy space backgrounds.

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 02:13 AM
It's not done by a designer. I don't like it and theres too many reasons.
It brings me back to "geocities" websites when I was 14 and used all these crazy space backgrounds.

Never said it WAS done by a designer.

Thanks for your input though. Much appreciated!

Wozcreative
08-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Never said it WAS done by a designer.

Thanks for your input though. Much appreciated!

I know.. it's the only thing I can think of when I saw it. No sense of design in it. I can't really comment on the text though.. not a writer.. but I was not really introduced what the blog is about. I just see text from the posts. One about big foot.. and one about the bible.

I don't know much writing as I mentioned, but it seems to be written clear enough for someone like myself to read. One thing I noticed is you post a lot of facts.. is there some type of protocol that you need to do to show where those sources came from? How about sourcing where your photos came from as well?

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I know.. it's the only thing I can think of when I saw it. No sense of design in it. I can't really comment on the text though.. not a writer.. but I was not really introduced what the blog is about. I just see text from the posts. One about big foot.. and one about the bible.

I don't know much writing as I mentioned, but it seems to be written clear enough for someone like myself to read. One thing I noticed is you post a lot of facts.. is there some type of protocol that you need to do to show where those sources came from? How about sourcing where your photos came from as well?

No problem. I plan on dumping money into it eventually but not anytime soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Harold Mansfield
08-09-2013, 06:16 PM
It's a personal blog so I can't be as critical of it as if it were a business website. You can anything you want with a personal blog, so it really doesn't matter how it looks. It's personal.
Now if you were trying to make money with it, then I'd have something to say.
Otherwise, carry on.