PDA

View Full Version : Linked In Company Pages. Is anyone using them?

Harold Mansfield
07-30-2013, 11:23 AM
I like the fact that Linked In offers company pages. I don't like the fact that it's really late and I've added any professional contacts on my personal profile and now have to start all over again if I want to build up my Company page.

One the one hand, sure it's a nice move. On the other I feel like "Geez, another social media profile to keep up with, grow, and add content to?".
I know you don't have to have everything just because it's there, but I find that I do a lot of Social Media stuff for clients now, so I don't feel like I have a choice but to have it.

Is anyone using Linked In Company pages? And does it matter for you if you ARE the company?

Carsten
07-30-2013, 12:05 PM
I have made a company page for my business some time ago. One point on my todo list is to fill in some product information. I think it helps to show people what your company is about when you already have a personal profile. It doesn't rush in tons of traffic and orders but it has already helped me to make contacts and enquiries

dianecoleen
07-30-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm currently using company pages too. Every time I post in the company page, I make sure to like my own post so it will appear on my profile's feed. Through that I won't need to update my profile, plus additional exposure to my company page to be seen on my profile page. Just how I do it. And I guess that works for me :)

Harold Mansfield
07-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm currently using company pages too. Every time I post in the company page, I make sure to like my own post so it will appear on my profile's feed.

That's a good tip.

hayden
07-31-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Harold,
I have been using LinkedIn for 3 years now and manage both a personal account and company page. I can say that when utilised effectively LinkedIn is an extremely powerful tool. Leads originating from LinkedIn now equate for 30-40% of new business for my company. I completely agree that adding another social network to our already busy schedules is not ideal. Is your business targeting consumers or other businesses?

Traditionally Facebook and Twitter are used by companies to reach consumers. LinkedIn is, by design a business to business networking tool. If you are marketing B2B i would consider shifting your focus from the other networks and investing wholeheartedly in LinkedIn.

LinkedIn can be used to build both a company brand via company pages or a personal brand via your profile. You can promote your company page to your LinkedIn connections, i would consider sending a personalised LinkedIn email informing them that you have established a new company page.

Either way i wouldn't be too bothered, if you are your company and you share status updates between the two both your connections and company followers will be able to see what you are up to.

KristineS
07-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Didn't even know LinkedIn had company pages - but then I don't use it much. Don't use it at all for the company. Sounds like some people have had success with the company pages so it might be something I should look into further.

hayden
08-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Kristine,
If your looking for a bit of direction when it comes to LinkedIn check out linkedinhowto.com/linkedin-getting-started-guide

Freelancier
08-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Other than for SEO purposes, I can't really see a need for any of my businesses to have one. Only one or two clients I know about are big users of LinkedIn, so I'm not clear that my best potential clients would have looked at LinkedIn to find someone like me. And if they're not using it, there's no real point in my doing it.

Maybe someday when I have time again..............

Business Attorney
08-01-2013, 10:23 PM
I created a company page for my law firm several months ago just because I though I should have one. I shared one post on it and have done nothing since. I'll have to read a little more about it to see if I am missing the boat.

dianecoleen
08-14-2013, 06:22 PM
That's a good tip.

Thank you! Hope you find it helpful :)

SEOLC
10-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Linked In plays major role in Social Media but in a professional way. I thing every company must have linkedin page since Google love that sort of high authority pages when taking about ranking factors.

Wozcreative
10-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Nah I don't use linkedin company pages. I don't have a big enough company (1 person) , to actually communicate with people. Most of my clients are usually never on linkedin anyway.. they have an account.. but they don't care to use it.

OlegLola
10-07-2013, 07:40 AM
I use the advantages of company page. I find it really convenient. If person asks me about my company - I give him a link to company page with the latest updates.Actually it works like the calling card.

Jeffslayter
10-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I think you gonna need it since you have a good number of clients.

DinerGirl
10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I have just signed up for Linked In and hope it does well for me. So new to all of this.

Michael Fied
10-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Linkedin company pages is great if your running a b2b business it's a must have. For b2c not to much and you can stay away from it. If you need any help setting one up do not hesitate to private message me.

patrickprecisione
10-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I have a Linkedin page and I occasionally push content out through it (Hootsuite makes it very easy) but I don't do too much with it besides that.