PDA

View Full Version : I hate critics....but need it...

pabeamrc
07-29-2013, 12:49 AM
erm...what do you think of the logo, and the website.

<link removed at OP's request>

be gentle ... please :D

Harold Mansfield
07-29-2013, 09:05 AM
I like it. It's very appropriate for the company and the products and services that you provide. I looked through your website a little and it looks good on your banners and other marketing materials.
What's wrong, had you gotten some bad feedback on it?

cbscreative
07-29-2013, 02:21 PM
There's nothing inherently wrong with the design but it doesn't appear to be "responsive" for different device screens. That problem should be fixed. The use of RC throughout the site is not an approach I would use. You can't assume everyone knows what that is unless you require them to in order to be your target customer.

I noticed an All Rights Reserved in your copyright notice. I suspect this is not true and it is one of the most violated regulations in copyright law. Any "original" material you create or have created is copyrighted and you should label it as such. However, the words All Rights Reserved are only to be used when the copyright is registered and paid for through the government. This appears on many web sites illegally and unless you have gone through proper channels you should remove those words.

Dan Furman
07-30-2013, 11:06 PM
I like the site in general (nice look for your industry), but your navigation really needs work. In short, why isn't every page in your main navigation? The only way I can get to, say, the student event page is from the home page. That's it. If I decide to read "about" you first, I'm sunk - I have to go back to the home page to click other links (assuming I even remember what they were). Really, that's pretty bad. Every page should be able to be navigated to/from everywhere in the site.

I noticed this because I had trouble at first understanding what you wanted me, as a visitor, to do. I didn't get the "point" of the site. Then I realized your front page picture links were actually links to your services - then I understood better. But not everyone is going to navigate or read they way you think they will. They may not even enter on your homepage. Definitely fix your links - today if at all possible (it's that important). :)

LGCG
07-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Not bad! I don't have too much input as far as usability but it's a decent site. Don't be so afraid of criticism- It's how we can grow and get better...

pabeamrc
07-31-2013, 11:17 AM
I like the site in general (nice look for your industry), but your navigation really needs work. In short, why isn't every page in your main navigation? The only way I can get to, say, the student event page is from the home page. That's it. If I decide to read "about" you first, I'm sunk - I have to go back to the home page to click other links (assuming I even remember what they were). Really, that's pretty bad. Every page should be able to be navigated to/from everywhere in the site.

I noticed this because I had trouble at first understanding what you wanted me, as a visitor, to do. I didn't get the "point" of the site. Then I realized your front page picture links were actually links to your services - then I understood better. But not everyone is going to navigate or read they way you think they will. They may not even enter on your homepage. Definitely fix your links - today if at all possible (it's that important). :)

Thank you - that is a great observation and I agree, I should get links to my major services. Good eye!