PDA

View Full Version : I was lost...

shadow
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
but now im found.

Steve B pm'ed me from the "site that can not be named" to come over here.

I was wandering around there like a lost puppy for quite some time. Havent been around much but thought it was strange it was so slow over there.

anyway glad to be back with like minds.

vangogh
01-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the forum shadow. Sorry you had to wander around in the dark for awhile, but you should find things different here. We're a bit more active and care about the community we're building. I'm glad Steve pointed you in our direction.

Thanks for joining and I look forward to getting to know you better.

shadow
01-26-2009, 01:32 PM
thanks vangogh... i look forward to contributing to this forum as i was more of a lurker at the other with under 100 posts in probably 3-4 years.

my business is in a transitional phase right now so i expect to be around more.

cbscreative
01-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Welcome aboard. Now you know where we all went to.

KristineS
01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the forum shadow. We're a good group and I think you'll enjoy being here.

shadow
01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
thanks everyone, alot of familiar faces :)

Steve B
01-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Hey Shadow,

Glad you made the switch.

How about a little information about your business?

shadow
01-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey Shadow,

Glad you made the switch.

How about a little information about your business?

ahh yes...

i own a few service based businesses in my area but my main focus is landscape/lawn maintenance, snow removal, and tree trimming and removal.

been in the horticulture industry now for 10 years and owned and operated for 8.

Blessed
01-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi Shadow! I'm not a familiar face... because I was never at the not to be mentioned place, but welcome anyway!

Steve B
01-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Glad to hear of another member with a home service related business. Invite your friends to join too - we need more businesses like yours to expand our diversity.

We've got plenty of cyber based businesses and an abundance of Steve's.

cbscreative
01-27-2009, 11:58 PM
We've got plenty of cyber based businesses and an abundance of Steve's.

Yeah, and just to be sure shadow knows (something other than the evil that lurks in the hearts of men), vangogh is a Steve too. We usually refer to him as vangogh to keep things less confusing.

vangogh
01-28-2009, 12:00 AM
We really do need to rename the forum something Steve's forum or forum of Steve's

shadow
01-28-2009, 09:46 AM
maybe "lair of the steves"....:D

well since we have many web related members if anyone wants to take a look at my site.com and give me any tips that would be great. now if anyone wants to know which climbing hydrangea to plant by your fence feel free to shoot me a PM. :)

vangogh
01-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Lair of Steve's hmm? I like it. How about

Steves' lair
Group 'o Steves
Den of Steves

We'll be offering official paperwork so everyone can legally change their name to Steve.

KristineS
01-28-2009, 12:40 PM
As the sole Kristine, I'm really not up for changing my name to Steve. Plus, as it says in my avatar, I am the Queen of the Forum. So, really, we should change the forum name to the Kingdom of Kristine or Kristine's Realm.

Hey, Shadow, know anything about container gardening? I'm going to try it for the first time this year, and I'd love some advice on what to plant.

vangogh
01-28-2009, 12:50 PM
But Kristine your last name is very close to Steve and I think you secretly wish it was Steve. I'm not falling for this Kingdom of Kristine thing.

cbscreative
01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I vote for Den of Steves. I like that one. :)

Besides, it kind of goes with my last name too.

KristineS
01-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm not falling for this Kingdom of Kristine thing.

Fall for it! You know you want to!

I've always thought I should be worshiped more than I am at present. :D

shadow
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey, Shadow, know anything about container gardening? I'm going to try it for the first time this year, and I'd love some advice on what to plant.

ahh yes! you are in MI also, my zone so i can relate. ill pull out some pics
of my work...

are you doing this yourself or need design ideas for an installer?

Blessed
01-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Den of Steves might work, but I'm with Kristine on this one... It really should be The Kingdom of Kristine or something along those lines.

I'm the only "Blessed" and as far as I know the only "Jenn" on this forum and my last name isn't anywhere close to "Steve" so I'm afraid I wouldn't fit in anymore if you guys renamed it "The Den of Steves" :D