PDA

View Full Version : Twitter feed widget to Wordpress site

helen6
07-21-2013, 05:26 AM
I run two Wordpress websites, onto both of these I run a facebook feed which then goes to Twitter automatically and should then go on to the actual website, unfortunately about a month ago when Twitter changed something (sorry dont know anything technical!) both of the sites lost their twitter feed at the same time. I used to have a 'friendly' website guy who did all of the website 'stuff' for me as I am far from techy but that has gone out of the window at the moment and I urgently need to get the feed back on as it draws alot of people to our site for updates on current news. I have tried a couple of different widgets and worked carefully through the instructions but cant get either to work.
Can someone suggest a foolproof one for me please with one syllable instructions that any fool can master?!
Much appreciated!

Harold Mansfield
07-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I run two Wordpress websites, onto both of these I run a facebook feed which then goes to Twitter automatically and should then go on to the actual website, unfortunately about a month ago when Twitter changed something (sorry dont know anything technical!) both of the sites lost their twitter feed at the same time. I used to have a 'friendly' website guy who did all of the website 'stuff' for me as I am far from techy but that has gone out of the window at the moment and I urgently need to get the feed back on as it draws alot of people to our site for updates on current news. I have tried a couple of different widgets and worked carefully through the instructions but cant get either to work.
Can someone suggest a foolproof one for me please with one syllable instructions that any fool can master?!
Much appreciated!

I've been fixing this for a week or so now on other people's sites. Basically Twitter changed, or stopped supporting, depreciated API's, so a ton of Twitter plug ins stopped working. It actually happens a lot with Twitter.
https://dev.twitter.com/calendar

At the moment, the best call is to just use the widget that Twitter provides that you can create and just put into your Sidebar or where you want it:
https://twitter.com/settings/widgets

Or keep checking with whatever plug in you are using to see if/when they update it.