PDA

View Full Version : What's your website's bounce rate and is it something that you worry about?

Harold Mansfield
07-18-2013, 09:31 AM
My bounce rate on my main website has been high for as long as I remember. 70% was usually the average.
On my old music blog it was much lower, but that was a different type of website.

Although I didn't have the usual issues that many articles suggest...pop ups, music, too many ads loading and so on...it was still bothering me.

So a few months ago I set out to stop ignoring it, and get back to fixing all of the things that I knew were wrong but had been procrastinating at fixing.

Looks like it's paying off. For the last few weeks/months I've watched my bounce rate (according to Google Analytics) drop at a steady pace.
As of this morning it's 25.39% with an average time on site of 2:46.

Not perfect, but I'm actually not sure what "perfect" would be.

Looking around at as many sites as I do, seems like a high bounce rate in the 70's is pretty normal for a lot of websites, but those are generally non-web people who don't work on it, or have anyone else work on it.

Just wondering where everyone else is, and if it's something that you care about or work on.

PayForWords
07-18-2013, 09:41 AM
I've seen sites as high as 85% and some as low as 30%. I wouldn't stress over it if it is just 25% but it is something to keep an eye on.

Harold Mansfield
07-18-2013, 10:15 AM
I've seen sites as high as 85% and some as low as 30%. I wouldn't stress over it if it is just 25% but it is something to keep an eye on.

I'm pretty happy at the 25% mark, considering where it was. No stress. Now I'm on a mission to see if I can get it lower and keep it there.

PayForWords
07-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm pretty happy at the 25% mark, considering where it was. No stress. Now I'm on a mission to see if I can get it lower and keep it there.

I'm not sure what niche you're in but maybe throw in something eye catching on the main page? Example: "FREE eBOOK!"

25% is great though regardless of what kind of site you have and the average time is pretty good as well.

Brian Altenhofel
07-18-2013, 11:03 AM
My personal blog has a 39% bounce rate with a time on site of 1m30s (~1500/mo). My Drupal development business has a 28% bounce rate with a time on site of 1m27s (~6500/mo). My Drupal hosting business has a 44% bounce rate with a time on site of 2m32s (<500/mo). And a gun forum that I operate has a 31% bounce rate with a time on site of 11m45s (~3MM/mo).

Harold Mansfield
07-18-2013, 11:05 AM
And a gun forum that I operate has a 31% bounce rate with a time on site of 11m45s (~3MM/mo).
That's a strange one. 11 minutes average time on site, and it's still 31%? Not that 31% is bad, but seems like it should be lower.

Wozcreative
07-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Mine is terrible.. it is at 93. But I know why. The loading time is terrible. I am not too concerned about it, it's not so much geared towards people who blindly find me on google. I got about 264 visits this month and 50 of those were returning visitors.

Theres about 12 of them that visited twice. 8 of them that visited 50+ times (thats a bit weird)..
233 of them were unique visitors.
131 of those were from google searches.
79 used direct access.

Types of words that people use to find me:
• freelance graphic designer toronto
• freelance web designer toronto
• toronto freelance graphic designer

I've been working on a new website to improve these things, but i've been so busy with client work that I have not really had any emergency to do it. It's a nice to have, but at the moment I'm busy that I have to turn down work.

Harold Mansfield
07-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Mine is terrible.. i've been so busy with client work that I have not really had any emergency to do it...

That's really what matters. It's not necessarily something that is going to be important for everyone or every website.

Brian Altenhofel
07-18-2013, 11:50 AM
That's a strange one. 11 minutes average time on site, and it's still 31%? Not that 31% is bad, but seems like it should be lower.

When split out into segments, authenticated users spend 29 minutes on site with a bounce rate of 12%. Anonymous users have a bounce rate of 20% with a time on site of 9m48s.

Those who come in via search run ~50% bounce rate with an average time on site of 8 minutes.

Based on that, I think the 31% is skewed by the way that the Forum Runner application works, but I have no way to verify how much, and I've also noticed some quirks in how Google Analytics works with vBulletin, specifically pertaining to searches and users switching from HTTP to HTTPS and back. The only thing we can't track via Google Analytics is Tapatalk access, and that's made it fun when putting together reports for sponsors and stakeholders as more users have switched to accessing the site via Tapatalk. However, I prefer to use the "worse" number when I can't verify a statistic.

Average page load time hovers around 2 seconds (give or take). Four best things we did: full InnoDB conversion, Sphinx-powered search, CDN, and Varnish. Dropped page load times by 50%, and they've remained steady even as traffic has grown significantly. Now if I could just fix vBulletin's data architecture and how it handles transactions....

Freelancier
07-18-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure it matters unless you are really focused on people spending a lot of time on your site. I just took a look at a couple of my sites and they're in the 65% range, but if the prospect hits only the first page, sees what he likes, then calls or e-mails me (my contact info is on the main page), then it counts as a "bounce" even if it also counts as a "win".

I would worry more about high bounce rates if you are advertising a service where you are expected to sign up right then and you are getting a high bounce rate from your paid sources. Then you're wasting money and need to tune your advertising messages as well as your landing pages.

Harold Mansfield
07-18-2013, 12:15 PM
I've read a lot or articles on the subject over the span of probably 2-3 years or so and have come to the conclusion that there are no cut and fast rules that apply to every type of website.
Each website has a different purpose. Ecommerce sites are different than informational sites. Company sites are different from landing pages that require a specific action.
I'd say where it really matters is for businesses who expect or want a major portion of their leads to come from Web Search, and/or you are driving traffic to your site with ads...which of course Google thinks is everyone so they judge everyone the same way.

Which is another good point. Google Analytics only measures your relationship with Google. And it is based on Google's perception of how you should run your site IF your intention is to do well in Google. So Google analytics, like Google, is skewed towards you doing Google SEO, building the way Google says, running your site in Google's image of what the web should be, using Google services, and buying Google ads.

For me it matters because a good percentage of business can come from somewhere on the web on any given month. Not all search...but still web. And since Google is the Lord Master Over Ruler of everything that is Web, with control of 85% of web traffic, we must kiss the ring and slap a big "G" on everything that we do online if we want to be in good favor with the Gods.

If that's not your reality, it's probably not going to matter much to you what Google says about much of anything.

billbenson
07-18-2013, 06:25 PM
I think Woz's comment a ways above and your agreement with it is what matters. If you are booked up with work, that's all that matters other than being proactive to keep it that way.

patrickprecisione
07-22-2013, 09:25 AM
I remember reading somewhere that a "good" bounce rate is between 30-40%. This was a while back so not sure if it is still true.

PayForWords
07-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Right now, my primary site is at 38% with an average time around 3 minutes or so.

50-60 unique visitors a day roughly, 90% of those coming from search engines.

I had another site at one point though that stayed around 68% but it was getting over 1,000 unique visitors a day.

dianecoleen
07-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Our website is primarily about legal services and we currently got 51% of bounce rate with 21seconds average time on site. I'm bewildered though about the unique visitors that we get as it is higher than referral traffic. I don't think I have signed-up on an auto-visit app or the like. I'm trying to figure out where does these visits come from.

Do you have any idea where should I look up on the Google analytics tool to be able to determine where I'm getting these direct visits? Thank you for your help.

Harold Mansfield
07-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Do you have any idea where should I look up on the Google analytics tool to be able to determine where I'm getting these direct visits? Thank you for your help.

I may not know the complete answer to this, but as far as I know there's search engine traffic, and referral traffic.

SE traffic is listed as a percentage, is broken down by search terms whereever possible and how many people found you by using that word or phrase.
Referral traffic is usually a count per link, and the links are listed

Unique visitors counts users that come from Unique IP addresses. That doesn't mean individual visitors.
Page Views counts how many pages were looked at. That also does not mean individual users.

It's not perfect and doesn't count every possible way that someone may have come to your site.
As far as I know there is no exact measurement for if anyone direct typed your URL into the URL bar.

Freelancier
07-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Do you have any idea where should I look up on the Google analytics tool to be able to determine where I'm getting these direct visits?

Look under "Sources". Direct means that someone typed in your URL or the browser (or robot) did not indicate on the HTTP request where it was referred from. "Referral" provides a list of the sites that referred traffic to you.

dianecoleen
07-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Thank you for the comments @Harold and @Freelancier. I guess there is no other way that I can detect that direct visits of my website. I know how Sources and Referrals work. However, the bottle neck is just the direct visits. Anyway, thanks for both of your comments. I just hope that these direct visits won't hurt my site after all.

Harold Mansfield
07-29-2013, 07:08 PM
As of this morning (for the last 30 days) my bounce rate is down to 17%, 3 minutes ave time on site, an average view of 3 pages per visitor, at 75% of my traffic from Search engines.

At this point I'm ready to call it an effective strategy.

Moneycation
07-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Since bounce rate is an indicator of how long site visitors stay at a website, it is a significant metric to pay attention to. However, it is not necessarily crucial for it to be low if visitors find what they are looking for and leave satisfied. One-stop shops and less interactive sites probably don't need a low bounce rate as much as websites that allow visitors to use subscription or account based site tools.

Freelancier
07-30-2013, 10:29 AM
At this point I'm ready to call it an effective strategy.

If your goal was to keep them on your site longer, it was. If your goal was to convert them into customers... I'm not sure if you're looking at the right metric.

Harold Mansfield
07-30-2013, 11:16 AM
If your goal was to keep them on your site longer, it was. If your goal was to convert them into customers... I'm not sure if you're looking at the right metric.

I have many goals. To see that people are reading and sharing my blog posts (even though I don't blog that often), are downloading my PDF's, are checking out my services pages, are watching my video, are finding me for my preferred keywords and phrases via search, and of course are contacting me.

This isn't the only metric I'm looking at, just the one I'm talking about now because it needed work.

Harold Mansfield
08-02-2013, 02:47 PM
As of this morning, it's down to 8%. Under 10% on 76% SE traffic, that's the sweet spot for me.

http://nhab.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Bouncerate.jpg

PayForWords
08-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Thank you for the comments @Harold and @Freelancier. I guess there is no other way that I can detect that direct visits of my website. I know how Sources and Referrals work. However, the bottle neck is just the direct visits. Anyway, thanks for both of your comments. I just hope that these direct visits won't hurt my site after all.

If you're using GA, you can see direct visits. Look at "Sources, All Traffic."

jennyferry
08-06-2013, 01:52 PM
what factors influence bounce rate? is it just page speed

Harold Mansfield
08-06-2013, 02:02 PM
what factors influence bounce rate? is it just page speed

It can be a lot of things:

Bad design/ Not user friendly
Poorly written
Targeting the wrong keywords/bad onsite SEO
Poor load times
Not mobile friendly/responsive

In my experience, poor design and targeting the wrong keywords are the biggest culprits. Many people think targeting for the most traffic and hoping to retain a percentage of the whole is the way to go, and that is actually detrimental and has the opposite effect.

Bounce rate is what users do. The response they have to your website when they land on it. All Google does is measure it. If it's high, it COULD mean that either they don't see what they are looking for, or don't like what they see when they get there.

PayForWords
08-06-2013, 08:50 PM
A high bounce rate, say 85%, means that 85% of the people that visit your site leave immediately.

It could be their connection, it could be slow load times, it could be poor content/design, etc.

It could even be due to the fact that they expected to find one thing and got another.

In most cases though, the 3 biggest things are: design/content, page speed, and user friendliness.

billbenson
08-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Does a high bounce rate affect your SERPS ranking?

Freelancier
08-06-2013, 10:30 PM
It could even be due to the fact that they expected to find one thing and got another.

Or it could be that they found exactly what they wanted on the landing page. Sometimes it's not a negative.

Dan Furman
08-07-2013, 06:15 PM

pretty sure they do

Brian Altenhofel
08-07-2013, 06:35 PM

Matt Cutts has been quoted for a couple of years now that Google doesn't factor in bounce rate.

Dan Furman
08-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Matt Cutts has been quoted for a couple of years now that Google doesn't factor in bounce rate.

I don't quite believe them. While it's not black and white, it's simply logical that bounce rate can be useful in determining the usefulness of a site, especially *after* other factors have been determined. There has to be a way to figure that in without penalizing people for mistakes, etc.

I would guess they do factor it in to some degree. I have heard that avg. time spent on your site does matter somewhat, which would have to factor in bounce rate.

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 02:17 AM
That may have been the case a few years ago but I don't think that's the case anymore.

This is just my opinion though but Google also bases its ranking system more on LSI than keywords nowadays as well.

I wouldn't be surprised at all though. Especially since Alexa and other big sites report on bounce rates.

billbenson
08-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Alexa? -------------

Brian Altenhofel
08-08-2013, 06:33 AM
That may have been the case a few years ago but I don't think that's the case anymore.

June 11, 2013 is the most recent time. The idea is that bounce rate (like other user input) is too easy to manipulate.

BTW... Alexa is still easy to game. :)

billbenson
08-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Ya, that's the thing. No professional puts any credibility in Alexa

Harold Mansfield
08-08-2013, 10:46 AM
You can't put any definitive value on it because Google doesn't let us know 100% of their criteria. I assume that if it is measurable, then they are measuring it. You also have to use common sense. Google Webmaster tools and articles puts out a lot of resources about getting your bounce rate down. If it wasn't something they took into consideration, then why the concern to try and help people rectify it? Why even measure it at all?

A high bounce rate is not a bad thing for every type of website in every instance. What if it's a one page landing page with nothing more than an email sign up form? Surely that would get a high bounce rate. So the measurement isn't necessarily an accurate assessment of the performance of every type of site.

But beyond what Google and Matt Cuts say, as a site owner it's something that you should look at to determine of you are delivering the content that the people you are targeting are looking for. If you have more than a one page sign up and are a business presenting products and services to attract customers, surely the fact that 80% of the people who find your site, leave right away is cause for concern.

If you are an ecommerce site, even worse.

Again, this is really only a concern if attracting search engine traffic is one of your strategies. A lot of websites serve the purpose of online brochure and business card for the company, and the only traffic they get are from people that they physically direct to the site via offline marketing like business cards, trade shows, and so on.

My opinion is, if the phone is ringing and you are closing new clients regularly (and retaining existing ones) ..then at least one of your marketing channels is working. That's not always, nor does it have to be, the web.

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Ya, that's the thing. No professional puts any credibility in Alexa

My point exactly. Alexa applies bounce rates into its ranking system now. Why wouldn't someone like Google?

Don't believe me? Buy some fake traffic with low bounce to ONE page that you have ranked on page 1 of Google.

Watch your ranking go up.

Google says a lot of things.

Brian Altenhofel
08-08-2013, 07:23 PM
My point exactly. Alexa applies bounce rates into its ranking system now. Why wouldn't someone like Google?

Don't believe me? Buy some fake traffic with low bounce to ONE page that you have ranked on page 1 of Google.

Watch your ranking go up.

Google says a lot of things.

Data please.

Using statistically valid testing parameters, preferably.

Harold Mansfield
08-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't even include Alexa in any serious conversations about anything on the web.
To me Alexa is the DMOZ of analytical web data. It used to be popular back in the day when there was nothing else, but then again so was Alta Vista.

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Data please.

Using statistically valid testing parameters, preferably.

Well, considering the fact that:

Google DENIES using bounce rate as a factor in determining your rank BUT...

ADMITS looking at Return-to-SERP behavior which is...

Visiting a site from the search engine and then clicking back to the results...

Hm....

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't even include Alexa in any serious conversations about anything on the web.
To me Alexa is the DMOZ of analytical web data. It used to be popular back in the day when there was nothing else, but then again so was Alta Vista.

Alexa IS junk but it is helpful when it comes to advertising/guest posts and I know that from experience.

On a site I used to run (maybe a year ago at most), it was ranked around 400K on Alexa.

Why is that significant? It isn't other than the fact that I sold 3-4 guest posts a week at $150 each...

All due to my Alexa rank. When selling guest posts/ad spots, almost everyone wants to know/see:

1. Google PR

2. Alexa ranking

3. Traffic report

(In that order)

Brian Altenhofel
08-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Well, considering the fact that:

Google DENIES using bounce rate as a factor in determining your rank BUT...

ADMITS looking at Return-to-SERP behavior which is...

Visiting a site from the search engine and then clicking back to the results...

Hm....

There's a difference between a bounce and pogosticking.

Still have yet to see quantifiable data.

billbenson
08-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Alexa IS junk but it is helpful when it comes to advertising/guest posts and I know that from experience.

On a site I used to run (maybe a year ago at most), it was ranked around 400K on Alexa.

Why is that significant? It isn't other than the fact that I sold 3-4 guest posts a week at $150 each...

All due to my Alexa rank. When selling guest posts/ad spots, almost everyone wants to know/see:

1. Google PR

2. Alexa ranking

3. Traffic report

(In that order)

Google PR?

Brian Altenhofel
08-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Google PR?

PageRank.

It used to be the primary metric that Google used for ranking results in SERPs. Now they use a lot of other metrics, like semantics, social, pogosticking, and many others they don't disclose.

It's not hard to chase PageRank. It is hard to chase those other major factors that together outweigh raw PageRank.

That said, the big payers in the paid guest post market (in my experience through building these reporting mechanisms) want to know one thing: how much traffic comes from search engines and social outlets to similar articles and transitions through to the target destination, and what's the conversion rate of that traffic at the target.

billbenson
08-08-2013, 11:29 PM
I probably should have been more explicit. I know what PR is. The G toolbar doesn't give accurate PR rankings. I don't know if there are other ways of getting an accurate PR. PR is still used as an indicator by G in their algorithm. I haven't seen any webmasters that know what they are doing use page rank as a significant indicator since the days of recip linking. It has become a pretty much useless metric and certainly not the top metric in optimizing a page.

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 11:32 PM
The big buyers?

I disagree 100% with that. I've been able to make around $600 a week off a site that only got 30K unique visitors a month...

From guest posts alone and hardly any of its traffic came from search engines.

That doesn't include what it made through its ad network at the time (which was Gorilla Nation).

You do seem to know a lot about ranking on the search engines though.

Could you show me some high competition terms you've ranked for?

I have a few I could share but what do I know. Curious to see how well your knowledge is doing for you.

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 11:34 PM
I probably should have been more explicit. I know what PR is. The G toolbar doesn't give accurate PR rankings. I don't know if there are other ways of getting an accurate PR. PR is still used as an indicator by G in their algorithm. I haven't seen any webmasters that know what they are doing use page rank as a significant indicator since the days of recip linking. It has become a pretty much useless metric and certainly not the top metric in optimizing a page.

Webmasters may not but that's not who I mentioned. I was talking about clients.

In regards to selling guest posts, most want to know Alexa ranking, Google PR (most want 3+), and how much traffic you bring in.

Of course, that's for posts in the range of $100 to $150 each. There may be bigger money out there that I don't know about.

In that case, those people may not care about Google PR and may shift their focus towards other things.

If that is the case, guess I was wrong.

Brian Altenhofel
08-08-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't do SEO. I do help make SEO teams' lives easier by helping them access the metrics they need from their project in some cases.

billbenson
08-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Webmasters may not but that's not who I mentioned. I was talking about clients.

In regards to selling guest posts, most want to know Alexa ranking, Google PR (most want 3+), and how much traffic you bring in.

Of course, that's for posts in the range of $100 to $150 each. There may be bigger money out there that I don't know about.

In that case, those people may not care about Google PR and may shift their focus towards other things.

If that is the case, guess I was wrong.

I'm not a web designer, but I am a webmaster. 100% of my orders comes from my website other than referrals and repeat orders that come directly or indirectly from my web site. I've been at this for years.

You say that webmasters aren't your clients which is fine. But that also means that you are selling clients on your services because of PR. That would further imply that you need to show customers referral sites with a high PR. If I interpret this correctly, you are selling your clients on an antiquated metric. If I were your client, the only thing that would matter to me are SERPS and / or Adwords placement.

The thing is, I don't see other SEO's mentioning this. Or web designers for that matter. I have a feeling that if you continue down the path of selling your services with PR ranking among the top indicator of a good site (assuming you are doing that), it will come back and bite you in the butt down the road.

PayForWords
08-09-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm not a web designer, but I am a webmaster. 100% of my orders comes from my website other than referrals and repeat orders that come directly or indirectly from my web site. I've been at this for years.

You say that webmasters aren't your clients which is fine. But that also means that you are selling clients on your services because of PR. That would further imply that you need to show customers referral sites with a high PR. If I interpret this correctly, you are selling your clients on an antiquated metric. If I were your client, the only thing that would matter to me are SERPS and / or Adwords placement.

The thing is, I don't see other SEO's mentioning this. Or web designers for that matter. I have a feeling that if you continue down the path of selling your services with PR ranking among the top indicator of a good site (assuming you are doing that), it will come back and bite you in the butt down the road.

I may not have explained myself well enough but...

I wasn't selling them a service. The site was a trend blog (I posted whatever was trending as news updates).

I had people come to me over time asking me if I could do a guest post for them.

They asked my rate, what my Google PR was, Alexa ranking, and traffic stats.

It wasn't like I was going out and approaching people saying "Hey, let me do your guest post because I have a PR of 4 or an Alexa ranking of 50K."

In fact, my primary business (in which I do sell a service), has a PR of 0 and is ranked around 3 million on Alexa.

This was merely a moderate traffic blog that people contacted me about, wanted guest posts, and had their own criteria.

Funny enough, they all basically asked the same questions (the 3 I mentioned above).

But, I currently run another similar blog (trends) and I'm making the same so maybe it's just a "trend" thing.

DetailsCleaningService
08-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Your bounce rate has to do with how long your users are viewing your page. So if definitely DOES MATTER. If I'm selling a t-shirts on my E-commerce website and my bounce rate is 85% that tells me that my users are no more than just looking and immediately exiting my web page. However if you're webpage is in the 35% bounce rate area then that's really not to shabby, however you do want to consider simplifying your website. There is always room for improvement. May I suggest making your website more accessible?

PayForWords
08-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Your bounce rate has to do with how long your users are viewing your page. So if definitely DOES MATTER. If I'm selling a t-shirts on my E-commerce website and my bounce rate is 85% that tells me that my users are no more than just looking and immediately exiting my web page. However if you're webpage is in the 35% bounce rate area then that's really not to shabby, however you do want to consider simplifying your website. There is always room for improvement. May I suggest making your website more accessible?

Best answer I've seen all day!

dianecoleen
08-14-2013, 07:50 PM
As of this morning, it's down to 8%. Under 10% on 76% SE traffic, that's the sweet spot for me.

http://nhab.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Bouncerate.jpg

Wow! That only shows that you're doing a perfect job on your content. They obviously found the content of your site helpful, that they stay longer on your website. Cheers to your progress!

If you're using GA, you can see direct visits. Look at "Sources, All TraffiYeah, I know where to find it. What I'm trying to say is how to know from where does the direct traffic is coming, or perhaps is there any other way to know the I.P from which these direct visits is coming. Thanks for the help anyway :)

PayForWords
08-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Wow! That only shows that you're doing a perfect job on your content. They obviously found the content of your site helpful, that they stay longer on your website. Cheers to your progress!

Yeah, I know where to find it. What I'm trying to say is how to know from where does the direct traffic is coming, or perhaps is there any other way to know the I.P from which these direct visits is coming. Thanks for the help anyway :)

I don't think you can with Google Analytics but I've never really worried about it.

I'll look into it for you though.

Freelancier
08-15-2013, 09:48 AM
What I'm trying to say is how to know from where does the direct traffic is coming, or perhaps is there any other way to know the I.P from which these direct visits is coming.

Talk to your hosting provider to see if they can load awstats or something like that for you on your web site. It provides a breakdown of all IP addresses/domains where you are getting traffic. Does it by reading your web server's logs.

Harold Mansfield
08-15-2013, 04:43 PM
You see where your traffic comes from by country and region, but I don't think there is a way to seperate who's typing the URL directly into the address bar.
For most websites that is not a significant count. The average person doesn't direct type as much as they just put a company name in the search bar.
And most people will bookmark a site that they visit frequently. I know Awstats DOES count bookmarks.

Freelancier
08-15-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't think there is a way to seperate who's typing the URL directly into the address bar

Here's a screen shot from awstats 6.9:

On the other hand, it's also not clear whether direct URLs are the result of someone "typing the URL directly into the address bar" or a unregistered robot. They look the same.

dianecoleen
08-22-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't think you can with Google Analytics but I've never really worried about it.

I'll look into it for you though.

Aww! That's so nice of you! It's okay though, it's not a big deal anyway. I'm just being curious to it that I came to ask in here.
Thank you for another resource @Freelancier! And thanks for all the help @Harold!

rpbrz
10-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Some of my websites also having over 85% bounce rate but I have solved that problem with adding some attractive content as well as images to keep visitors last long on website. There are other some methods that will help you to minimize bounce rate.

Osprey
11-03-2013, 06:24 PM
mine is ~38% I don't worry about it as much as I do "where" they bounce. I try to get them to a specific page - If they are bouncing to soon then I start to get frustrated.