PDA

View Full Version : Ideia/Help: Embedded videos in blogs and collect with advertising

privateloader
07-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Hello,

I have been watching movies and videos for a long time and lately i have found sites that has huge list of movies.

In one i use all the time in two weeks online they got more then 19000 links removed from google. This links are still alive and anyone is able to watch a movie.

Is this a good ideia to copy the embed code and repost somewhere else in a form o blog or site?

(I have start collecting links)

Thanks

Harold Mansfield
07-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Hello,

I have been watching movies and videos for a long time and lately i have found sites that has huge list of movies.

In one i use all the time in two weeks online they got more then 19000 links removed from google. This links are still alive and anyone is able to watch a movie.

Is this a good ideia to copy the embed code and repost somewhere else in a form o blog or site?

(I have start collecting links)

Thanks

If you are talking about feature films and privately owned material, it is a completely bad idea, and illegal. It's also looked down on by most web professionals, especially ones who sell products themselves and hate P2P, and free movie and music sites that promote people stealing from others.

If you are talking about videos that people create and intend and give full permission for people to share, and embed anywhere on the web, then go for it.

Khalifa
07-17-2013, 03:24 PM
I think Google removed the links as they were duplicates of other pages. It is a big issue when your website contains text that is found everywhere on the web, you get penalized for duplicate content and your links will be removed (worst case), or in other case you just won't rank at all for any of the keywords on the page, and in this case, that's your movie name.

It is indeed illegal to promote/upload/share videos that you don't own or have a license for. However, this still isn't against Google's policy, but it is against the policy of other websites owned by Google, like YouTube for instance.

Harold Mansfield
07-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I think Google removed the links as they were duplicates of other pages. It is a big issue when your website contains text that is found everywhere on the web, you get penalized for duplicate content and your links will be removed (worst case), or in other case you just won't rank at all for any of the keywords on the page, and in this case, that's your movie name.

It is my understanding that duplicate content pertains to your website. Having multiple pages with the same or simular content, but on different URL's and page titles to try and manipulate indexing.

Plenty of websites have simular content, especially news websites. Just the 1000's of AP affiliates alone post the same stories across the web everyday.

It is indeed illegal to promote/upload/share videos that you don't own or have a license for. However, this still isn't against Google's policy, but it is against the policy of other websites owned by Google, like YouTube for instance.

Actually Google, Yahoo, AOL, Microsoft just agreed on new guidelines to help stop piracy:

“By working across the industry, these best practices should help reduce the financial incentives for pirate sites by cutting off their revenue supply while maintaining a healthy internet and promoting innovation,” says Susan Molinari, Google’s vice president for public policy and government relations.

Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and AOL Agree on New Anti-Piracy Guidelines | PC Tech Magazine (http://pctechmag.com/2013/07/google-yahoo-microsoft-and-aol-agree-on-new-anti-piracy-guidelines/)

Khalifa
07-17-2013, 03:55 PM
It is my understanding that duplicate content pertains to your website. Having multiple pages with the same or simular content, but on different URL's and page titles to try and manipulate indexing.

Plenty of websites have simular content, especially news websites. Just the 1000's of AP affiliates alone post the same stories across the web everyday.

That is true. If you have multiple pages on the same website with the same content, you will definitely get penalized for duplicate content.

Now for the news websites, a lof of them have similar content. Here's the thing though, Google is really good at spotting who posted what first, so if you're the first to post this news story, you'd rank above any other website with the same content. Now let's assume that 10 websites have the same content, most of them would be "ranked" for the Title of the new story. However, if you take an excerpt from the text and paste it in Google, most of the results will be filtered.

Let me give you an example.

Go to google and search for this: At least 20 kids die after eating free school lunch in India

You'll get a ton of results, notice that's a recent news story by msnbc website.

Now try copying a piece of text and paste it in google, like this part for instance: Dozens of residents took to the streets in Chapra, pelting a police station with stones and setting ablaze buses and other vehicles, television channels showed.

See the difference in results displayed?

Even better, try putting it in quotes, like this: "Dozens of residents took to the streets in Chapra, pelting a police station with stones and setting ablaze buses and other vehicles, television channels showed."

Now you should be able to figure it out..

Actually Google, Yahoo, AOL, Microsoft just agreed on new guidelines to help stop piracy:

Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and AOL Agree on New Anti-Piracy Guidelines | PC Tech Magazine (http://pctechmag.com/2013/07/google-yahoo-microsoft-and-aol-agree-on-new-anti-piracy-guidelines/)

Looks like it's the case, I checked the link thanks for that. However, I have yet to experience that myself and it looks like this is something new that they will start working on, so in the upcoming months we should start noticing the change.