PDA

View Full Version : Cheap ways of dressing a stall up?

Pip132012
07-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Don't know if this counts as finance but really want to dress my stalls up when I go to small/larger scale events and was wondering about a cost effective way of doing so. Of course I want people to know the name of my business so a banner seems like an option and I don't want it to look tacky against the bigger names that everybody's heard of. Anybody had any experience in dressing a stall to a high standard without it costing the earth? By the way my stall is to do with crafts! :)

vangogh
07-03-2013, 12:03 AM
How does your stall look now? Do you have a picture you could share. I'm trying to picture in my head what it looks like now to help think of ways to dress it up. I would think if it's all about crafts, the crafts themselves could go a long way toward dressing up the stall. What kind of a look are you wanting?

Pip132012
07-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a picture to hand but I was wondering about cheap ways to make my stall look professional - although that may not be too easy!!! Such as banners and tableclothes :confused:

DeniseTaylor
07-03-2013, 10:08 AM
In the past, I have used draped fabric in the background to separate my area from others. A banner does sound like a good idea and you can buy them online these days. You can search and shop for a deal. I believe having these made would be better than trying to do it yourself. It looks much more professional.

Hope this helps!

Patrysha
07-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Draped fabric over boxes is one of the easiest ways to dress things up.

Or if you're going to do a lot of set up/take down you may consider covering wooden boxes with the fabric instead of constantly having to fiddle with the fabric draping...or do a combo of covered boxes and draping. Levels add so much visual appeal to a display table.

Adding little mirrors under key pieces or using a strand of strategically placed white christmas lights are ways to highlight special pieces without too much fuss or expense.

When I've done displays they usually have a television set running a promotional video that's been put together...but none of them have really been craft displays.

KristineS
07-03-2013, 11:41 AM
We've used slat grid to create booths before. It's not that expensive, it provides a good framework for the booth and you can hang things on it.

We get ours here (http://www.achievedisplay.com/).

phanio
07-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Why not attend several similar events and look at what others are doing? Ask them how they do it - some will talk to you. Then, find a cheaper way to recreate those things that you liked and continue to improve it until you get it perfect.