PDA

View Full Version : Managing Website Books

dwsretail
07-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know of any good books that could help me manage my website?

Wozcreative
07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
If you currently have a website built, it would depend on how it is built. There is far too many books that could apply, so we'd need more detail about what language was used (flash, php, ASP.net, javascript etc.), what type of framework (wordpress, joomla, drupel, plain html/css etc.). We can probably help you determine if you are not sure by looking at the website itself.

samie
07-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Personally I feel that you shouldn't get any books. I find that there is a lot more information online than there is in any books.

Wozcreative
07-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I think books are fine to get started read from cover to cover to get an good idea. Once you know the basics you can always just google how to do what you want. I did learn everything I knew about web development online though. (Design is a different story, I had to go to school for that one).

easysites
07-05-2013, 06:34 PM
There are tons of eBooks out there and I would have to agree with Wozcreative, you can't just pick up any old book titled "How to Run a Website" if you have your own site already built. I'd say run a quick Google search on the type of site you have established and you should quickly see thousands of hits. I know Warrior Forum is constantly listing and selling eBooks as well, maybe they have something that you're looking for. Or, let us know and maybe someone has something in mind if you know what kind of site you have already.

Khalifa
07-17-2013, 03:41 PM
You don't really need a BOOK to manage your website, like stated above, it depends on how it's built. If you know how it was built, then search around for some tutorials about what you want.

KaterinaM
10-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Why do you mean by managing? Building? Support? Optimization? Promotions? Or everything at once?

Chris Clayton
12-11-2013, 03:12 AM
I agree that there is plenty of free material available online. The problem is finding it. I would give you some suggestions of websites that you should use to give you an idea of what you should be doing, but I can't link in comments yet. So if anybody can, it should help him.