PDA

View Full Version : Opinion about cross-marketing Ebay and website

Georgias Gifts
06-30-2013, 08:46 PM
I have read different opinions about using an Ebay store to help send more traffic to your website and vice-versa.

One opinion is that when people are shopping on Ebay (or Amazon), they are loyal to that site and don't care about your website so it does no good to add a link to your site on the Ebay store.

Also, by giving your Ebay store a different name, you can offer a different price structure if wanted, plus different merchandise.

Even if using separate names, couldn't you use the same paypal account for payment?

Has anyone here had experience with selling on both and can offer feedback about this?

Wozcreative
07-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I couldn't see why not, but if you use a different name for your stores than you do from the paypal account, it might seem fishy to the buyer that you may not be who you say you are if your company name on ebay is 123Company and your paypal is ABCcompany. They'll get confused and might report you right away.. or if they see their statements and see this strange company name. Thats the way I see it panning out.