PDA

View Full Version : Website Critique

bxlnt
06-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm looking for ANY feedback for my website zainab collection | design & illustration (http://www.zainab.co/llection/)
Thanks in advance!!

Carsten
06-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi, I Just wanted to have a look at your website but the link doesn't work.

patrickprecisione
06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah, no luck here either. I tried searching for it as well but couldn't find it. Feel free to post it again and I'd be happy to critique it!

D-Dave
06-19-2013, 10:39 AM
I like the look of the site a lot. You have a nice color scheme and the widgets you have are a nice touch. Just clicking around the site looks and feels good. My only criticisms are your load times are on the slow side and that when you actually click through to look at your work the site seems cramped. I would trim your top bar up and make it smaller.

Business Attorney
06-19-2013, 11:03 AM
I think it is a nice website and provides a good idea of the work you do.

I really like your work, too. Nothing cookie-cutter about it!

vangogh
06-19-2013, 04:18 PM
I'll echo what the 2 Dave's above me said. I like the site. It's definitely not cookie cutter at all.

A couple of thoughts. The home page of the site prominently features client work. I'm wondering if you might not be better off featuring something of yourself more. Anyone hiring you is going to want to see your work, but I think they might first want to know something about you. Showing client work without context could be something of a disconnect. Then again I like your work so seeing it quickly isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just something to think about.

Also with the home page you don't really see enough of the image for the client projects, at least on my monitor. With some I see mostly empty space on the page. I think your work is shown off better on the work page. There I get a more complete view of it.

I'm not sure if it's just the timing, but the site feels slow to me. Not so much when I click from page to page, but rather when I'm scrolling. It's mainly the work page, but when I'm there the scrolling is kind of jumpy.

In general though I really like the site. Everything seems really well done. I'm especially liking the color scheme.

patrickprecisione
06-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Ok, it's working now. I'm not a design guy, but I think the site looks awesome. Very modern, unique. Takes a little long to load. But yeah, great work!

dianecoleen
06-24-2013, 05:52 PM
The artworks provided on your website are fantastic! However, as the others are saying, the site takes too long to load. You may enhance that feature and also you may add some description to specific pages so the visitors won't wonder on what kind of page they are in.

Harold Mansfield
06-29-2013, 12:31 PM
A couple of thoughts. The home page of the site prominently features client work. I'm wondering if you might not be better off featuring something of yourself more. Anyone hiring you is going to want to see your work, but I think they might first want to know something about you. Showing client work without context could be something of a disconnect. Then again I like your work so seeing it quickly isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just something to think about.

I agree that you may want to incorporate some descriptive text to let users know where they are and what you do. Don't always assume that people just get it or will navigate around the site to figure out the specific work that you do or services that you offer.

Other than that, I like it. I think it looks very nice.

PayForWords
07-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I dig it! Looks good to me :)