PDA

View Full Version : a story about how the positive person is more successful

huggytree
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
i heard this story at my morning networking meeting and thought it was a good story to learn from.

it takes place at a grocery story. A handycap bag boy would leave little positive notes randomly in the grocery bags as he bagged each day. After a couple of weeks his line was 4x as long as any other line. People would wait 20 minutes+ for checkout just to get his notes.

This directly relates to all of us...people want to be around positive people and will spend more time (& money?) just to do business with us.

KristineS
01-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I firmly believe in the power of being positive. I think positive people are more fun to be around and easier to work with. Who wants to hang around someone who is negative and angry all the time.

the goat
01-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Nobody wants to hang out with Debbie Downer, that's for sure!

cbscreative
01-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Absolutely agree. This reminds me of another story I heard recently, which I think is a true story. If I can find it, I will post it here.

seolman
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm positive that being a positive person is positively better :D

vangogh
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Being positive is definitely good for business and life in general. Still I can't help but feeling while everyone else was waiting for the note in the shopping bags, I'd be on the next line getting in and out of the supermarket quicker than usual.

seolman
01-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Being positive is definitely good for business and life in general. Still I can't help but feeling while everyone else was waiting for the note in the shopping bags, I'd be on the next line getting in and out of the supermarket quicker than usual.

Hehe...me too. I think I'd be too impatient.

billbenson
01-20-2009, 09:37 PM
It might be a Florida thing as we have a lot of retirees, but have you ever gone into WalMart and seen all of the bench seats full of people just bored and passing the time of day? To much time on their hands. Kind of sad really; some of these retirees that hang out at walmart for a passtime.

I'd be in the quick lane as well. I hate traffic, gas stations, banks, grocery stores, shopping in general. It's just such a waste of time.

dynocat
01-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the story. True or not, I do appreciate a positive spin on situations.

I might stand in the long line, but typically I'm in and out of any store as fast as possible. I'm so not a shopper.

I agree it's hard to be around negative people. It doesn't make me negative, but definitely frustrates me and makes me want to scream.

cbscreative
01-21-2009, 02:06 PM
I hate traffic

Not to be "negative" but I am with you. People who drive like they have nowhere to go and plenty of time to get there are maddening. Life is too short to waste time just getting from point A to point B. Maybe it's because I am "positive" that this bothers me so much. I have way more useful things to do than waste time behind the wheel. I walk fast too. Let's just say I take motion very seriously.

seolman
01-21-2009, 04:45 PM
I walk fast too. Let's just say I take motion very seriously.

Steve...could this be considered a form of motion sickness?:D

orion_joel
01-21-2009, 07:57 PM
I like the positive affects of things, however i do have quite a lot of that stuff around home, so i think i would be kicking on in fast lane to.