PDA

View Full Version : Putting a folder on the cloud that is explorable through remote Windows devices?

Chris_Morey
05-25-2013, 09:53 PM
We are looking for a service that would allow us to store our centralized folder on the cloud so that all of our employees can have remote access to all of the latest files. I know you can do this with Dropbox, but that isn't Windows Explorer.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated. Thank you!

MyITGuy
05-25-2013, 10:30 PM
We are looking for a service that would allow us to store our centralized folder on the cloud so that all of our employees can have remote access to all of the latest files. I know you can do this with Dropbox, but that isn't Windows Explorer.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated. Thank you!
You're best bet would be to implement a VPN. This way your employees could access the centralized folder without compromising security.

I personally would recommend a SonicWall appliance, if you want to share what type of internet connection you have as well as how many remote employees will be connected at the same time, I could recommend a device that matches your needs.

nealrm
05-25-2013, 10:44 PM
You can use a VPN type connection as Jeff suggest. It will give you good security and look similar to a hard. Use can also use Google drive or the Microsoft version. Security on both is OK but not suitable for high security data. The Google drive is also acceptable via a smart phone.