PDA

View Full Version : Link Exchange? Internet Professionals and IT Consultants

ksnazel
05-22-2013, 12:58 PM
As part of my SEO campaign I want to build links into and out my site. One way to to this is to have a links.html page where you post links to other businesses that you like and are relevant to your business. I'm proposing to other Internet and IT professionals wish to trade links with me I am open to the idea.

My business is all local so I have no concerns about eating into my business so if you are not within 200km of Surrey, BC and are a reputable IT business I think we could trade links. My business is mostly on-site computer repair and IT consulting for businesses, have a look at who I am and what I do and perhaps we can trade links. Thank you.

[Links Removed]

Harold Mansfield
05-22-2013, 04:28 PM
As part of my SEO campaign I want to build links into and out my site. One way to to this is to have a links.html page where you post links to other businesses that you like and are relevant to your business.
This is pretty 2008 and not a viable strategy anymore. It's true that you should have some outgoing links, but as part of your content as a way to provide additional information. And you don't need a whole lot of outgoing links.

Link exchanges and Link pages are pretty much a waste of time these days for SEO. However if you just want to build a directory of service providers for your users, that's another story. Power on dude.

I'm proposing to other Internet and IT professionals wish to trade links with me I am open to the idea.

Unfortunately, we don't do that here. You will notice that you don't see any other threads soliciting exchanges or services.

ksnazel
05-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks Harold Mansfield. I should have googled around before I offered the link exchange, seems they carry little or no weight anymore. Sigh,

dianecoleen
05-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Link exchange has really no weight on your Google rankings anymore. In these days, algorithm is all about quality. You might want to check this article out for your additional reference on the current trend of SEO, How to Rank: 25 Step SEO Master Blueprint | SEOmoz (http://www.seomoz.org/blog/how-to-rank).

ksnazel
05-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Link exchange has really no weight on your Google rankings anymore. In these days, algorithm is all about quality. You might want to check this article out for your additional reference on the current trend of SEO, How to Rank: 25 Step SEO Master Blueprint | SEOmoz (http://www.seomoz.org/blog/how-to-rank).
Thank you for the link.

patrickprecisione
05-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Diane! I'll be sure to check it out.

dianecoleen
05-27-2013, 05:55 PM
You're welcome @ksnazel and @patrickprecisione. I'm glad to help.