PDA

View Full Version : Is Financial Freedom Important?

ashleypryce
05-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I've read this article about how having a financially free mindset helps us as an individual here: The Psychology of Financial Wealth and Independence (http://smallbusiness.uprinting.com/the-psychology-financial-wealth-independence/). I realized how important it is to know how things like this help us a lot. Also, things that help us can also help us grow and learn. Another thing is, it helps a lot to have this kind of mindset especially when you own a business. You will know how to handle finances and will give you a greater chance to success.

Wozcreative
05-12-2013, 08:08 PM
What is the question here? Wether it is better to be financially free or not? Obviously it is, it just depends on how you do it and what is important to you with respect to how you spend your money.

nealrm
05-13-2013, 09:06 AM
It's a poorly written blog article, that provides no useful information and some false info. It is not worth reading.

patrickprecisione
05-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Perhaps it's spam?

Wozcreative
05-13-2013, 11:12 AM
If you look at the threads started by the user.. they all link to the same website.. smells like spam.

nealrm
05-13-2013, 12:14 PM
I noticed the same trend. Interesting she started out here acting for information on why some other site banned her. So I'm not sure if she just doesn't understand how these posts appear. However, the last couple post should give her a good idea.

ashleypryce
05-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi! As you can see, I have already posted a lot of things here. I just want to share some ideas and interact with other forum members. I don't understand why you say such things. So much for a friendly forum.

nealrm
05-13-2013, 10:59 PM
We are a friendly forum and we don't want you to run off. I encourage you to stick around and contribute. If I have misjudged you I will apologize. However, please look at the your post and the article itself. The article is about a dozen sentences, provides no information and no insights. The initial description made it sound like an in depth article that would provide useful information. This is also the third post going to the same site, all pointing to articles that are light on any real information.

Because of your initial posting subject, I'm going to make a suggestion. If you read one of these blogs that are short on information, but it is interesting to you. Instead of posting a link to blog, try asking about it in your own words. In this case, starting with a post asking about what people think are key factor in achieving financial freedom. The reply will provide you with more information than the articles and not look so suspicious.

billbenson
05-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Stepping aside from thing a bit on this thread, here is a quote I like from Johnny Carson:

"The best thing about having money is you don't need to worry about having money"

ashleypryce
05-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Stepping aside from thing a bit on this thread, here is a quote I like from Johnny Carson:

"The best thing about having money is you don't need to worry about having money"

True thing, Bill. However, some people still worry on how to get more money than what they already have.

ashleypryce
05-14-2013, 12:47 AM
We are a friendly forum and we don't want you to run off. I encourage you to stick around and contribute. If I have misjudged you I will apologize. However, please look at the your post and the article itself. The article is about a dozen sentences, provides no information and no insights. The initial description made it sound like an in depth article that would provide useful information. This is also the third post going to the same site, all pointing to articles that are light on any real information.

Because of your initial posting subject, I'm going to make a suggestion. If you read one of these blogs that are short on information, but it is interesting to you. Instead of posting a link to blog, try asking about it in your own words. In this case, starting with a post asking about what people think are key factor in achieving financial freedom. The reply will provide you with more information than the articles and not look so suspicious.

HI! I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Sometimes, when I get to read one post from a particular website, I also tend to read and share the other articles I see on that site. Thanks for the tips. Cheers!

harvy
05-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Financial freedom is a logical psychology. I greatly appreciate this view. If you invest more you will get more profit, provided the business should be great and trendy products. The above link is a ocean with inherent wealth of knowledge.

Mr Rewire
05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
I think financial freedom is less about money and more about time. Almost everyone if asked would like to have more time, time with family time with friends time to do things we want to do. Although we can obtain and unending amount of money we are limitex in our time. Financial freedom is more about being able to use our time in a manner that is more pleasing to us as individuals.The more financially free we become the more time we have and the greater advantage we can take of this time. Of course we need to understand that financially free does not always equal vast sums of money. a friend of mine had a brother who for lack of a better word was a hobo. He lived in a converted van worked day labor when he needed folding money but spent most of his days doing things he wanted to do. Now most would not choose this lifestyle but for him he had financial freedom .

patrickprecisione
05-16-2013, 08:53 AM
True thing, Bill. However, some people still worry on how to get more money than what they already have.

Even if I had financial freedom, I'm sure I'd find something else to worry about. That's just how I am, unfortunately.

wendyjames2
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Financial freedom is defined as the state of having enough personal wealth to live. Again, the word there is "enough". Who would say it's enough? Who would say it isn't? Financial freedom is a state of mind and is certainly very important.

Alisha
09-10-2013, 03:36 AM
It's a poorly written blog article, that provides no useful information and some false info. It is not worth reading.

Yes is it!

wendyjames2
09-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I will try to outline the process as direct as I can.

1. Determine current financial situation
2. Set Goals
3. Develop your financial goals.
4. Identify alternative course of action.
5. Evaluate alternatives.
6. Create and implement your financial course of action.
7. Review and revise your financial plan accordingly.

Hope this helps.

billbenson
09-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Johnny Carson said it best. "The best thing about having money is you don't need to worry about having money"

Fulcrum
09-10-2013, 05:48 PM
I will try to outline the process as direct as I can.

1. Determine current financial situation
2. Set Goals
3. Develop your financial goals.
4. Identify alternative course of action.
5. Evaluate alternatives.
6. Create and implement your financial course of action.
7. Review and revise your financial plan accordingly.

Hope this helps.

I'm going to change this list up a bit.

1. Determine what your endgame (final goal) is going to be.
2. Determine when you are going to get there and how you are going to do it.
3. Evaluate alternatives and other avenues.
4. Determine current financial status.
5. Decide if #4 will allow you to start the process to reaching #1.
6. If yes, than go for it. If no, than revise #2 and #3 to allow you to start.
7. Review your path/plan every 3-6 months and revise/redirect as needed.

Or you could do as I did and just jump in headfirst and hope you can swim.:confused:

phanio
09-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Spam or not - it is still a good question. Money may not be able to buy happiness but it can help reduce some stresses - as the Johnny Carson quote. But, if might also add additional, unforeseen stresses - have you heard about all those lottery winners that are worse off then they were before?

I look at it this way. If your entire world is consumed by money - then that will define you and ultimately destroy you - my opinion. I, on the other hand, try to simply live within my budget. If I can afford something - great. If I can't, then I don't need it and don't worry about it. And, I never try to keep up with the Jones. Thus, I may not be rich or even have a lot of money - but, because of the way I live - within my self - I find that I have financial freedom and have that freedom without money.

Michael Fied
10-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Great article, interesting read. Would explain why my mindset is so much different then many others around me ;) Thanks for the share.