PDA

View Full Version : Looking for search phrases

nealrm
05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
I am in the process of refining the search engine for my site. I have tested it with real estate related search phrases and it work well. Type in the city shows listings from that city, type in agent and listing for that agent show up. Same for address, price range, bedroom range, bathroom range, zipcode, MLS, agency and various keywords. Spelling only need to be close for it to work and the different items can be combined.

While I am good at coming up with search phrases from my point of view, I need search phrases that others would type in. So if you were on a real estate site and wanted to find a property, what would you type in. Don't worry about location specifics, I will adjust the suggest to would with the area we cover. (Example: if your phrase deals with Dallas TX, for testing purposes I would convert that to Jackson, MO)

Thank you for the suggestions.

KaterinaM
10-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Have you tried such keyword tools as Google adwords keyword planner or wordtracker? they may suggest you thousands of variants...

KristineS
10-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I'd pretty much use what you've already specified. My real estate searches have generally been by price range and then by things like type of property, number of bedrooms and amenities like air conditioning. Generally I don't need to get more specific than that. Most real estate sites I've dealt with have check boxes for most of that information anyway. So you just check the boxes that meet your requirements and search.

smartlink
11-30-2013, 02:48 AM
I would suggest using Google Adwords Keyword tool. Also go to google.com and search for terms related to real estate. At the bottom of the page it will show other similar keyword searches.

Chris Clayton
12-02-2013, 07:10 AM
You should follow what everybody above has said to find good keywords for your website. The problem is that there will be a lot of competition for them already in Google (and so difficult to rank high in search results). In order to improve the ranking of your web pages, one of the things that you can do is to get more links from other websites to your own. You can do this by creating web pages which provide help and advice to people looking to purchase or sell a house. These kind of web pages attract links which can improve the search engine rankings of other web pages on your website.