PDA

View Full Version : Layout for new small business website, feedback appreciated.

PRM_Jake
05-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Hello! I'm in the process of starting a new small business. Without going into much detail, we provide services for other local business to increase their revenue. Since we're going to launch soon, a professional website is a nessesity. Please keep in mind that most sales are done offline, so the purpose of the website is to give us a good image and to help "close the deal" on leads that go to our website on marketing material/business cards.

This is the layout I've come up with, which will be given to a writer and web developer. I would really appreciate feedback on what I could do better, or if there is anything I left out that should be included. Thank you very much.

Because the formatting gets messed up when pasted on the forum, I've uploaded it to imgur here: http://i.imgur.com/9F2oKcV.png

Harold Mansfield
05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Hello! I'm in the process of starting a new small business. Without going into much detail, we provide services for other local business to increase their revenue. Since we're going to launch soon, a professional website is a nessesity. Please keep in mind that most sales are done offline, so the purpose of the website is to give us a good image and to help "close the deal" on leads that go to our website on marketing material/business cards.

This is the layout I've come up with, which will be given to a writer and web developer. I would really appreciate feedback on what I could do better, or if there is anything I left out that should be included. Thank you very much.

Because the formatting gets messed up when pasted on the forum, I've uploaded it to imgur here: http://i.imgur.com/9F2oKcV.png

Not much to critique here without it being laid out on a website. You could have all the right stuff on a site map and still completely blow the presentation on a website and in the copy writing.
Exactly what kind of feedback are you looking for?

MostHeather
05-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Thanks for sharing! Is this a tentative guideline for the upcoming design?

Gabe
05-08-2013, 12:52 AM
The layout is a decent start, but you really need to get it down to see how it fleshes out. I highly recommend signing up for a free site at WordPress.com and throwing something basic together. That will give you a chance to get something down, put some thought into it, and then we can take another look at it before you put any money into it.

I assume you'll be spending $3,000+ since you mentioned a copywriter and a designer/developer. So if you're going to make an investment like that make sure you really know what you need since modifications or redesigns will be costly. The best way to figure that out is to put a mock website together and play with it. Also, based on what you mentioned above you may want a more substantial lead capture system than a typical contact page. Hope this helps.