PDA

View Full Version : Receipt Machine

johnytech
04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Guys hi,
What kind of receipt machines/devices you are using for your contractors/employees?
We have 15 great guys working with us, but it's pain to keep everything organized.
We are looking for the device/machine to do the following:
1. Our contractor/employee puts all job details in the machine
2. It prints the receipt to the customers
3. Sends copy of receipt to our system
Do you use something like this? Maybe some 'attachment' to iphone/ipad? It's hard to keep track of everything in order, especially for cash payments.

Harold Mansfield
04-29-2013, 07:10 PM
So you are looking for a iPhone/iPad compatible mobile printer? Does it need to run on it's own battery?
As far as sending copies to your system, that's going to be up to your system and if it's set up to do that.
Emailing a copy to someone should be easy enough.
A printer is just going to be a printer.

johnytech
05-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Harold hi,

Yup i decided to go with IPAD and use one of the apps for electronic estimates and receipts.

The only trouble i have right now deciding which data plan to go with? AT&T, Verizon? How much data do i need?

Any advice on that part?

It's lots of monthly payments for 15 ipads with internet... Maybe some companies offer company deals? Any experience with this?

Harold Mansfield
05-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Harold hi,

Yup i decided to go with IPAD and use one of the apps for electronic estimates and receipts.

The only trouble i have right now deciding which data plan to go with? AT&T, Verizon? How much data do i need?

Any advice on that part?

It's lots of monthly payments for 15 ipads with internet... Maybe some companies offer company deals? Any experience with this?

Sorry, no help here on that front. I use my phone as a tether when I need access from my tablet away from home.
Maybe someone else can chime in or you could check and see if that app has a phone version so that you can use your existing data plan on your smart phones instead.

MyITGuy
05-02-2013, 06:35 PM

Any advice on that part?

Personally I would recommend Verizon. They have the largest 4G network by far (Ignore AT&T's marketing hype) and in general have better coverage than most...

On that note - It really comes down to what works in your area and what doesn't. Reach out to co-workers, friends and family to see what they use and what their opinion is in your area.

I don't know of deals specific to the company...but look into how many devices can be added to the family shared plan, or if they have something something similar to that for a business.
I have 2 smart-phones with Verizon and I pay them approx. $165 for Unlimited Voice Minutes & Text Messaging with 6GB of Data. I recently added to Samsung Tablets at $10/mo a piece.

Daniel Arbizu
05-23-2013, 12:18 PM
MyItGuy is right. Verizon has great coverage. However, it may not be the best for your area. I know Sprint works great in my area whereas Verizon cuts out frequently.

WilliamChapman
04-11-2015, 12:50 AM
Hello friends...
I am using Star TSP100ECO(39464011), it is a thermal receipt printer. It contains auto cutter, usb interface. It alsoincludes usb cable and power supply.