PDA

View Full Version : New Mobile Site - Please review

nealrm
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Just finished a new mobile site and I am looking for some feedback. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http: // 198 .101 . 226 . 143 / Mobile1 . php

vangogh
03-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Let me try with the URL. I don't think you need the spaces so hopefully this is easier for people to copy and paste

198.101.226.143/Mobile1.php

I didn't actually check the page on a mobile device, but I did resize my browser to mimic the size of phones and tablets. It looks good. You did a good job making things flexible so they resize. It's definitely easy to use. I have a couple of suggestions.

You might want to ad more space around anything clickable. The way you have things it doesn't look like there's any chance of accidentally clicking the wrong thing, but it's probably still a good idea to provide a larger tap area. For example the links for the phone numbers could be on their own line. If you then add display: block to the css for the links the link will stretch beyond the actual text. Then if you add some padding above and below it'll make the links easier to click.

I like how you did the menu and the options. Again I'm not on a mobile device so I wonder how easy it will be to close each via the X, but in general they look good.

Overall it's a nice job.

nealrm
03-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks Vangogh. I am think about changing the phone links into buttons. That would increase the tap area.

vangogh
03-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Buttons can work too. The main thing is just to make sure they're easy to click. Apple has some good recommendations on their iOS Human Interface Guidelines (http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/userexperience/conceptual/mobilehig/Characteristics/Characteristics.html) documentation. They suggest

44 x 44 points is the comfortable minimum size of a tappable UI element

If you make the clickable area at least that size you should be fine.

semaphore.v
04-10-2013, 05:09 AM
I have tested in my android mobile it's working 100% here..All function working properly.