PDA

View Full Version : Alexa Analytics

nealrm
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Is anyone here using Alexa analytic services? I am wondering if the offer anything more than what Google currently offers.

Harold Mansfield
02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I personally haven't thought about Alexa for anything since the last time I thought about the DMOZ. If they've become relevant again with some kind of services, it's a sunprise to me. Haven't heard or read anyone mention it.

mightymouse
02-10-2013, 02:12 AM
Google Analytics has some limitations, like not showing stats in Real time. I like Woopra, it's more detailed and shows you real time visitors and traffic.

Pack-Secure
02-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Alexa services is basically useless compared to Google.

Brian Altenhofel
02-10-2013, 03:37 AM
I haven't seen anything in Alexa to make me want to pay for it, and I'm a data junkie. Everything they mention on their features listing is available for free elsewhere.

Google Analytics has some limitations, like not showing stats in Real time. I like Woopra, it's more detailed and shows you real time visitors and traffic.

Google does show real time...

Wayne Liew
02-12-2013, 09:43 PM
The only thing that I used Alexa for these days is to perform a quick comparison between two websites in the same industry and I didn't even know that they offered paid services.

Did a quick check on what they offer and I don't think I'll be paying for them because most of the things are either not necessary for my websites or can be performed elsewhere for free.

IADS
02-18-2013, 10:05 PM
I have found that Alexa is only good for those that sell ad space on their site, selling domain names, or something comparable. It is good for showing others your ranking and popularity. As far as the other stats that they offer, I've seen them other places for free.

semaphore.v
04-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Google provide Real time visitors but it’s can’t tack online visitors. I like Piwik!:p