PDA

View Full Version : classified and bookmarking

webnetpromo
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Do you think classified and bookmarking like activities still serve the purpose of SEO? I see that the percentage of approval is almost 20% that too with no guarantee of Do follow links.

vangogh
01-31-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't think they ever really served the purpose of seo. It's always been a spam practice. SEO is about a lot more than trying to build up quick and easy links. If your main thoughts about a link are the odds of getting accepted and whether or not it has nofollow applied, I think you're going about things the wrong way. Start by building something of value and then make it better. Promote your site and build an audience around it by creating better and better content. As you build an audience they'll start linking to you without you having to ask.

jim.sklansky
02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Do you think classified and bookmarking like activities still serve the purpose of SEO? I see that the percentage of approval is almost 20% that too with no guarantee of Do follow links.

I'm also agree with this. SEO is a vast term and need lots more tactics and practices. Those who do bookmarking and others they are just not ready to give that best effort for SEO.

vangogh
02-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Those who do bookmarking and others they are just not ready to give that best effort for SEO.

I completely agree. Bookmarking sites and worrying about nofollow or dofollow aren't the way to practice seo. I think anyone who focuses on them has already lost.

dianecoleen
02-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Just to reiterate what others have said, the future of SEO refers to the quality and not on the quantity of links, nor if it is no follow or do follow links. SEO is not all about rankings, but it is all about the result you build within your tactics and strategies. We all know that SEO is not steady. It varies from one search engine's algo/update. Thus, we have to make sure that we are doing the intelligent way to please the SE to give us the position we deserve to have from our valued SEO efforts. You cannot get an instant result in a snap, but you can always improve on the strategies you know you are lacking.

vangogh
02-05-2013, 05:21 PM
the future of SEO refers to the quality and not on the quantity of links

I think it's been that way for awhile now already, but it's still the future. If anything there will be more emphasis on quality over quantity.

Quantity still plays a part. Assuming the quality of links between 2 pages is equal, the one with more of those quality links, likely wins.

dianecoleen
08-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Quantity still plays a part. Assuming the quality of links between 2 pages is equal, the one with more of those quality links, likely wins.

That makes sense to me. ;)