PDA

View Full Version : My Game Store Site

kimoonyx
01-21-2013, 01:08 AM
OK Guys and Gals. This is my bread and butter site. I have other and have had you guys help me refine them, but I have always withheld this one. It works or at least... has worked in the past. I still enjoy front page google presence but this month leads have slowed from the contact form. I have opened quite a few stores but I am a far cry away from National Market saturation so... bring it on.... be critical. Ideas to get the leads coming back in and how to design that particular area better are welcome as well as general site reviews...

GameStart Stores - Open a video game store with the help of GameStart Stores. (http://www.gamestartstores.com)

Thanks

Michael Elliott

Wozcreative
01-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Forget about the website, I don't see any concrete brand development. If I buy your services to help me setup my own business, I would think you would know how to brand your own company first. Be honest, you did not put any money into this portion of your business at all. Theres no way I can sugar coat it and not sound rude... but the website is awful for someone who wants to take my hard earned money and turn it into a business. Does not look trustworthy or reputable to me.

EDIT: I just clicked on your signature... oh.. my goodness. Why are you doing so many things at once and refusing to spend the necessary time to properly open up a business with a brand identity for people to attach themselves to? This boggles my mind and as an entrepreneur also pains me to see.

Harold Mansfield
01-22-2013, 11:26 AM
I have to agree that your presentation is not very professional, nor does it give off the impression of credibility.

Besides the design, you are also missing critical opportunities to engage people and generate leads....such as...your Financials page, as well as your Industry Research should be a nice, branded PDF, not splattered on a page that gives no one an incentive to contact you.

Your articles should be blog posts, or at the very least organized better than at the bottom of a page that has other content.
Your media is all over the place. Your case studies and reference info are not organized.
The copy on your site is not very well thought out. It comes off as a long, spammy landing page from the early 2000's "make easy money" websites. It reads like you just typed whatever popped into your head and not as if you carefully thought out your words to be as informative and efficient as possible.

Plainly, your presentation makes you seem more like you are kid selling a gimmick, than it does that you are a Professional Business Consultant.

That's the cold harsh truth. That's what it looks like.

Wozcreative
01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Harold did a much better job of explaining why it did not work at all. Good advice!

kimoonyx
01-30-2013, 03:07 AM
Regarding our branding. The logo itself is a bridge... The owners in our industry many times are converting something they love into profitable business, we are the bridge to allow them to do that. As far as branding goes, Clients do not use our branding... We are not a franchise. Each store is branded individually. We are sitting on the other side of many deals, but I owe the close to telephone sales, and our existing clients who provide references to our prospects. The site at this moment serves as a mere introduction.. I would like to evolve it to a point to where it contributes way more to the sale then it does now.this is one of the reasons it has so much info... im trying to put as much info up front as I can. Regarding the website recomendations from Harold they are well received and i am going to take a look at organization and pop my cost and research pages onto a pdf .I would like you guys if you would to expound on the point that says the client has no "incentive" to click the contact form... What type of incentives are you thinking about? What type of incentive could i design in to get the ball rolling on more people requesting info? Regarding my other business, I am not really looking for feedback regarding all you can franchise. I just farmed that out to a firm who is redoing that page. GameStart is a different story though because I have been somewhat successfull with it. I know some work needs to be done but am leery of a complete overhaul as it has worked. Thanks for the feedback... Keep it coming.

Harold Mansfield
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
I would like you guys if you would to expound on the point that says the client has no "incentive" to click the contact form... What type of incentives are you thinking about? What type of incentive could i design in to get the ball rolling on more people requesting info?

Well, this is by no means the only way to ride this horse, but generally this is a lead generation site. A site that perks interest enough to get people to contact you, or allow you to contact them.

So some common tactics are offering some of your additional information for free, in exchange for their contact information. Usually something like the financials is what you would dangle in front of people who want to know more. It's an important and intriguing part of the discovery phase. By giving it away, you lose the opportunity to speak with people and give them enough information to make assumptions and decisions without you. I would think that this is something that you could use to draw leads.

Wozcreative
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
It is not so much the problem of too much info.. it is the problem of not organizing it. If the site is to be an introduction, should it not be organized? It was just slapped together with some cheesy early 2000's graphics. Regarding branding.. it is one of the things you are offering as a service.. to help them set all that up.. your excuse is that you don't need to worry about your own.. but you do! Why would that convince me to go to you for branding if you cannot do it for yourself? Totally understand that it is a "bridge".. but why must the bridge be formed with mud and sticks? Create a strong brand for company because it is important.. very important! Image is everything.. you wouldn't have an office and wear sandals and a tshirt to run a business, so why is your online office wearing one?

All I am saying is the website is failing to show you are a professional business in the way it is put together.

kimoonyx
01-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Harold, thanks again... I have thought about your idea and have decided to dangle the reference list more effectively. Woz...Check your inbox.