PDA

View Full Version : Establishing Relations w/ Other Sites?

graphic3
08-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I would like to hear some opinions on the best approach to make connections w/ existing sites so that they allow you to place an Advertisement with them.

huntwriter
08-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Most websites that offer advertising options sell banner space. Depending on how well visited the website is this can cost you anything from $250.00 to $3’000 annually. Be careful though there are a lot sharks out there. Before you commit to a banner add always request that you get full details of actual visitors and page loads that can be verified. Just because someone tells you that they get 1000 visitors a day doesn’t mean that these are the actual number.

Also inquire how the webmaster rotates the banners. Avery popular website may have so many advertisers that they rotate the banners every three to four seconds, meaning that someone actually seeing your banner is a hit and miss affair. Personally I like if the banner is stationary on one page. If I have the option to choose I prefer to have my banner placed with actual content such as an article.

To give you an example. I am offering among other services deer hunting strategy consultancy, therefore I prefer to have my banner placed with an article that writes about hunting strategies. Chances that my target reads this section are greater than if the banner is just placed anywhere on the website.

Another option, not directly advertising, is to exchange links with other websites. Again you want to make sure you do that with websites visited by your target customers/clients.

The downside is that the link will be buried somewhere in the heap, especially by popular websites that have many exchange links. On the upside if you exchange links with relevant and popular websites it will reflect favorably with search engines and that could bring more traffic to your website.

Long answer.:D Hope it helps you out.;)

KristineS
08-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Research the site thoroughly. Make sure it is a reputable site before you ever approach them. Make sure your subject matter ties with theirs but that you aren't in competition. Some sites will be soliticiting advertisers and will have their rates and rules right on their site. Other sites won't and the best you can hope for is to get a link from their site to yours.

graphic3
08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
thanks for the pointers - but do you both think that it's possible to get links w/ other sites w/o having to pay a high trafficked site to post an AD or link w/ them

while i'm at it - what do you would be some sites in relation to mine that might be worth approaching?