PDA

View Full Version : limited field

pos
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
I have an online business that traditionally hasn't been online all that much, I looked at my competitors but they are getting backlinks from general websites that are about bicycles and other various things and not about the business subject, what would be a good way to compete and get backlinks?

Harold Mansfield
01-16-2013, 07:00 PM
I have an online business that traditionally hasn't been online all that much, I looked at my competitors but they are getting backlinks from general websites that are about bicycles and other various things and not about the business subject, what would be a good way to compete and get backlinks?

What you are seeing is that they are self linking. Submitting to directories, blog comments, article dumps, and other ways of trying to manipulate placement by dropping their URL all over the place.

Supposedly, that method doesn't have the effect that it used to and some instances could even hurt you.

To answer your other question, the best way to gain links is naturally. Create the kind of website and content that is informative, entertaining, or considered an industry authority so that others will link to you naturally.

It's not as easy as it sounds. One way that people do this is by blogging regularly about their industry or articles that provide helpful information. The more good content you have out there to be found, the better your chances of others linking to it.

bulk
01-24-2013, 10:25 AM
I can agree with Harold.
But I can tell from my experience that sometimes it works. People get good rankings and stay in top for month with that.
But that is not a good strategy though. Natural links from sites of your niche work MUCH better, and you won't be penalized for them. Sj to say, no risk, but natural link building is usually slower.

dianecoleen
02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I suggest you to do link building techniques that will help you in the long-run instead of involving your site to short term method. I think your competitor is doing the short term, i.e., submitting their links across the web without considering the value of the site they're submitting to. It will definitely take you months or even a year to get good back links, but I assure you that once you get there it will really worth the wait success. Some of the long term technique that you can do to your site is to get a good resource of links (blogs or business niche), then you can submit your website to the sorted businesses' links. You may also create a blog where you can share interesting and related contents to your business. The more engaging, the higher possibility to get your visitor linked to your website. In this era, we are fighting for natural links and not on self manipulated links. Although for some, this tactic still counts.