PDA

View Full Version : Protection for you and your loved ones (Feedback Appreciated)

Leonander
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
I’ve recently been appointed as one of the Social Media Managers over a company founded in 2003 but is now currently up and running. It provides reliable personal storage and transference of an individual’s property, contracts and/or private thoughts with the use of an online personal Journal and physical Depository storage vaults. 30-Day Free Trial provided. Wanting some feedback from you guys if at all possible ...

www.personaldepository.com

Wozcreative
01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
It's hard to read the site, the text is very faint and the kerning is too tight between the letters. I would darken it up to make it more legible.
My thought is what the benefit of this one is if there are companies like drop box, and even google docs which is free.. and all have an established stream of members and corporations trusting their services. They also offer a mobile app which is most important.

Likewise your business is using the WOO Wordpress Theme. Why trust a company with my files if they can't even come up with their own website developer? Could they also be cheaping out on "security" too?

Just some thoughts on it.

WebEminence
01-04-2013, 12:05 PM
It's not that hard to read in my opinion. The site itself is much better than many other sites that I've seen recently asking for reviews. I see what wozcreative is saying about the tight kerning on the smallest fonts on the page. That's an easy fix.

You should consider making the slider rotate automatically and give it some more vertical space. It seems a little tight vertically, especially the military one. They all are different sizes vertically which makes the whole page shift. That's a little awkward.

I think wozcreative thought this was an online storage or backup maybe? This is clearly a type of safe deposit box for physical storage of hard documents and possessions, not digital storage (except for the personal journal).

Looks like an interesting service overall and an informative website. Why did it take 10 years from founding to launch it?

KristineS
01-04-2013, 12:56 PM
You need to have someone proof the site. For one thing, it's "peace of mind" not "piece of mind". I pretty much stopped looking after I saw that.

Wozcreative
01-04-2013, 02:32 PM
I guess I was confused because it talked about web based journals.. confusing wording for someone who's just scanning through. I guess I didn't get it at all when going to the site. It is all written in a lot of mumbo jumbo words with bad grammar.

Also, yes you can't read a lot of the text.. at all.. see the screenshot.

I guess the screenshots isn't going to show it.. 292

Wozcreative
01-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Sorry repost

billbenson
01-04-2013, 05:33 PM
It's not that hard to read in my opinion.

Your a lot younger than I am based on your avatar. I wear reading glasses (not prescription glasses). I find the text enough of a strain on my eyes that I won't read it.

Harold Mansfield
01-04-2013, 11:48 PM
I agree. The text in those center areas is pretty hard to read. Actually it's uncomfortable to even look at.
There is no need to get fancy with fonts and font colors on such a basic design. Do what works and what everyone can read comfortably no matter what hardware they're using.

No one is going to give you any style points for light, thin text. It will just make them leave.

Leonander
01-08-2013, 09:30 AM
It's not that hard to read in my opinion. The site itself is much better than many other sites that I've seen recently asking for reviews. I see what wozcreative is saying about the tight kerning on the smallest fonts on the page. That's an easy fix.

You should consider making the slider rotate automatically and give it some more vertical space. It seems a little tight vertically, especially the military one. They all are different sizes vertically which makes the whole page shift. That's a little awkward.

I think wozcreative thought this was an online storage or backup maybe? This is clearly a type of safe deposit box for physical storage of hard documents and possessions, not digital storage (except for the personal journal).

Looks like an interesting service overall and an informative website. Why did it take 10 years from founding to launch it?

I see where your going with the Slider, I'll inform the programmer about that. As far as the font is concerned, the programmer is currently getting that fixed. Both should be a easy fix.

With the Chairman/CEO serving in the military at the time of the website being established he was not able to push the business forward as fast as he would of liked it to. However now it's up and running, better now then never.

Leonander
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
I guess I was confused because it talked about web based journals.. confusing wording for someone who's just scanning through. I guess I didn't get it at all when going to the site. It is all written in a lot of mumbo jumbo words with bad grammar.

Also, yes you can't read a lot of the text.. at all.. see the screenshot.

I guess the screenshots isn't going to show it.. 292

We are having our programmer look over the text and having it darken, so you'll see a change within the next few days.

As far as the theme goes, we actually do have our own developer, however, we told him to come up with a theme that would best suit the site. Whether it was premade or created.

The security features are the same amongst top-security sites. Having a premade theme does not guarantee low quality security performance.

user21
01-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Leonander,

I like the site. It is clean and easy for users. Social Media advertising can be hard and generating buzz around your company and its services take a lot of time. Utilize Facebook and Twitter. Consumer feedback integrated with Facebook is always great to have. Facebook is a great marketing tool to gather information about your market. Twitter is great for instant feedback and keeping consumers connected.

jim.sklansky
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Your site is well organized and attractive. You can increase just a level of font then the faint text part will be normal. Guess what, i like your bottom of the site much. The background and the content of the bottom part are very nicely synchronized. But there you can remove the gap under the Authorize certificate.

Leonander
03-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Any more suggestions?