PDA

View Full Version : Moving Servers: Possible Downtime This Weekend

vangogh
12-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Hey All,

I'm moving to a new server sometime over the weekend. The one the site is on needs maintenance and since everything needed to be moved anyone I'm switching to a slightly different set up. The new server is a very slight upgrade, though I doubt we'll notice any major difference. I'm letting you know mostly because there could be some potential downtime. It'll be over the weekend, probably late at night, and I'm guessing most of us won't be here. Any downtime should be minimal, but you never know. If you visit over the weekend and you don't find the site, you'll know what's going on.

Pack-Secure
12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
287 Moving Day YAY

vangogh
12-22-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm inviting all my virtual friends over for virtual pizza and virtual beer to help me move the virtual bits of data.

MyITGuy
12-22-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm inviting all my virtual friends over for virtual pizza and virtual beer to help me move the virtual bits of data.

Let me know if theres anything I can do to help.

vangogh
12-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks Jeff. There's not really going to be much to do. My hosting company is doing all the work. I'm mainly replying to their emails and checking on things after they make a change. They've already made a copy of everything and placed it on the new server. I did some quick testing last night and everything seems fine. Sometime later today they'll likely do the final sync and then flip the switch.

If I do need help though, you'll be the first one I ask.

vangogh
12-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Thought I'd give everyone an update. Things have been tested and the move is a go. It's set for tomorrow (Sunday) at midnight Mountain Time, which I suppose is technically the start of Monday and could possibly run about 2 hours. I'm guessing most of you won't be here anyway, but again in case you see the forum down for a time you'll know why.

Also just because things have been tested you never know. It's not as though I could check every last page on the site. I'm not anticipating anything not working after the move, but do let me know if you notice anything. Thanks.

jamesray50
12-23-2012, 04:44 PM

Yummy, love pizza. Good luck with the move.

Business Attorney
12-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Counting down... Oh, it's already 12:03 AM Mountain time and you're still here.

vangogh
12-24-2012, 03:52 AM
I think we're all moved. I'm checking a few things and making sure we're on the new server, but it looks like everything went as planned. Let me know if you notice anything not working that should be.

David, it looked like you were here when everything moved. Did the site go down for you.

Pack-Secure
12-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Looks good over here.

vangogh
12-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Seems to have gone smooth for the most part. There have been a couple of minor issues with one of my other sites, but everything seems to have gone well here. Hopefully none of us notice anything wrong, but if anyone does notice anything please let me know. Thanks.

billbenson
12-24-2012, 07:01 PM
I think we're all moved. I'm checking a few things and making sure we're on the new server, but it looks like everything went as planned. Let me know if you notice anything not working that should be.

David, it looked like you were here when everything moved. Did the site go down for you.

I sent you a PM last night. Did you get that Steve?

vangogh
12-25-2012, 02:28 PM
I did receive a PM from you. Sorry I haven't responded yet.