PDA

View Full Version : A Small Business A Day

thebritecompany
12-05-2012, 09:44 AM
This is my website smallbusiness365.org

I am posting this link to promote and gather ideas and feedback. Please let me know what would make this website work better.

I desire to launch January 1st and am looking to run this site as a full time job or income supplement.

www.smallbusiness365.org (http://www.smallbusiness365.org)

Thanks,

nealrm
12-05-2012, 09:46 AM
The link doesn't work.

Pack-Secure
12-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Same problem here, link is not working.

thebritecompany
12-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Got it, thanks a bunch. Link working now.

KristineS
12-05-2012, 11:58 AM
All I'm getting is one page which is a sign up form.

As far as the page goes, I'm wondering what's in it for me if I'm a business owner? What's your audience? How do I know whomever you attract will be my customer base? How are you bringing in people to see the review, and how do I know your review will carry any weight.

How do you make money from this if it's free to me with no obligation?

Also, who's doing the reviewing? What's the review criteria? What makes the reviewers qualified to review?

Basically, at this point, I'm at sea. If you want businesses to sign up for your service you're going to need to provide them with a great deal more information than you have.

Pack-Secure
12-05-2012, 01:27 PM
There is no way to leave an email address, it won't change from the sample email address.

krymson
12-05-2012, 09:55 PM
There is no explanation or proof that what you are trying to do is going to work. From an end user stand point it just looks like a way to collect my info for spam. What's the difference between this and angies list? Is it just a business directory? What sets you apart? What do I get out of this? What are you guaranteeing me? These are question an average user might ask.

thebritecompany
12-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Pack-Secure please try another browser. Thanks,

thebritecompany
12-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Other businesses will be driving the traffic. Sheer interest in other that have new small business will promote visitor return.

nealrm
12-06-2012, 05:52 PM
For this site to work you will need both traffic and some legitimacy to review a company. How would you do the review? Would you visit the company, review what the company provides are look through the media for information about the company? Also what give your reviews legitimacy? Are you a know expert on small businesses? Have you reviewed small business for years??

In short, I don't see anything on that page that tells me the benefits of having you review my business.

Pack-Secure
12-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Pack-Secure please try another browser. Thanks,

If I have to try another browser, you need to fix your email system. Just sayin'

Wozcreative
12-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Errors show up when I click on the form. They should only show up after I click "continue" and my answers are invalid. Validating a form before will make it look very mucky.

What is the co-relation to the flower wallpaper background to small business? Not a fan of the transparent images, they remind me of the early 2000's of designing things.

The content on the site is very meagre. Why would I trust a website that has so little information about it's history or any case studies? Why don't you have any site terms that will convince me that my email won't be used in a manner I wouldn't want? You state hours on the site but is that central time? Eastern? No way of knowing. What does "The businesses you built,... everyday!" tagline have to do with what you offer me as a buyer? I don't understand this tagline at all.