PDA

View Full Version : When you've it easy with a customer....

dereksbicycles
11-28-2012, 11:04 AM
I remember few years ago selling a bike to someone who wore a cochlear implant(CI). I'm sure some of you're familiar with CI. Anyway, that person came looking for a bike. She was so excited because I'm fluent in sign language. She was talking about her CI and showing it to me. Her CI was pink. I then proceed to show her some of the bikes that I had. I had few blues, few greens, few reds, but only one pink bike. She was interested in pink bike. I gave her a price. She asked me if I would give her a better deal. I was thinking....see, you showed me your pink CI. Now you want a pink bike. No, I'll stay firm on my price. She did pay my asking price. It worked out well for both of us.

I would suppose that the lesson here is not to lose your leverage. You'll want as many leverages going your way to get a better deal.

Rover
11-28-2012, 11:59 AM
I agree, I can pick up on a customer and the level of desire they are showing. Looking at the body language and picking up on those ever so important buying questions. Really the only time I give in on a price is if they are buying multiple items or interested in slow moving inventory.

Good for you on sticking to your guns. I know a lot of sales people that would have easily gone down on the price.

Pack-Secure
11-28-2012, 01:39 PM
We will usually offer a better price on volume purchases. As Rover said, perhaps if it is a product that does not move very quickly, we may offer an additional discount.

huggytree
11-28-2012, 10:08 PM
the longer im in business the more i realize sales is all about the 'small' details....most people dont notice them.....you just noticed one....its a trick and you'll use it over and over

soon you'll have 100 tricks

it took me 2-3 years to catch on to a few good tricks myself...at first i had none

i read all my customers and gear my sales pitch to there 'type'...im especially good at selling to a few types of people and not so good to other types.