PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Books

KristineS
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
What marketing or small business book have you read that really helped you?

Who Moved My Cheese? and Fish were two small business books that really had an impact with me.

I haven't read any marketing books that really struck a chord so I'd love to hear some recommendations.

If you have a favorite marketing or small business book, or one that you think really helped you succeed, please share it here. I'd love to start a list of things to read.

Ad-Vice_Man
08-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Interesting that you view "who moved my cheese" as a marketing book. Now that i think about it I do see your point.

Everytime I've read it... I've quit my job within the next few weeks. I always thought of it as a HR book :)

Ad-Vice_Man
08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
My favorite Marketing Books are..

1. 33 Ruthless Rules to local advertising
2. The Wizard of Ads
3. Positioning: A Battle for the mind.

KristineS
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I always see Who Moved My Cheese as being about challenging the status quo and trying new things and being comfortable with trying new things. I guess, in that sense, I do see it as a marketing book.

KristineS
08-08-2008, 05:16 PM
My favorite Marketing Books are..

1. 33 Ruthless Rules to local advertising
2. The Wizard of Ads
3. Positioning: A Battle for the mind.

I'll have to look for those books. The only one I've heard of, and that's rather vague, is The Wizard of Ads.

orion_joel
08-09-2008, 02:33 AM
I have read both who moved my cheese and Fish (plus the other two after this, i will edit and add names when i get home). I think the biggest thing about both these books is that they do really not focus on a specific area of business, but the principles could be applied to any area, eg HR, Marketing, Management, Sales. This is really what has made some so popular i think.

I will have to post soon about what my favorite's, it is hard to remember titles when they are not right in front of you.

Ad-Vice_Man
08-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I'll have to look for those books. The only one I've heard of, and that's rather vague, is The Wizard of Ads.

Two of them are available via direct link Amazon, on the resources page of the free advertising advice dot com site below.