PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Illustrator Dynamic Spell Check + Non-latin Font Packages

Wozcreative
11-13-2012, 10:54 AM
So I work a lot in adobe illustrator but being dyslexic I always have issues seeing misspelled words. I cannot, for the life of me, find a solution or plugin that will show me those little red lines underneath each word to indicate a misspelling.

My other question is.. I work a lot of the time in various Cyrillic and non-latin characters (Madeline, tajik, Armenian, Arabic etc.)... I have a horrible time trying to find fonts for these languages.. better yet.. finding numerous fonts with various styles. Does anyone know of a website that can give me all the arabic fonts in various styles or all the cyrillic ones etc.? My designs would benefit from using a lot more when using a variety of fonts for various projects.

vangogh
11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
I thought Illustrator had a built in spell check. I found this on an Adobe help page for Illustrator (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS2D8C9489-F69A-4b9c-9D3D-F330A0C90219a.html). The page is about Spell Check and where to check the settings. Is it possible you have it set to ignore spelling errors?

If that doesn't work and you can't find a plugin, a workaround might be to copy and paste text into another program where you know spell check works. I know that would be a pain, but at least it would work. Hopefully the settings thing works. I'm also seeing some older posts that mention spell check isn't automatic and you have to run it manually.

What version of Illustrator do you have by the way?

With the fonts do you need fonts that have a cyrillic face or is it more that you need to be able to type cyrillic characters on your computer? I found some cyrillic fonts at Linotype (www.linotype.com/search/Keywords:Cyrillic). If it's more about you being able to type what OS do you use?