PDA

View Full Version : LLC for non residents

didi
11-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Hello, please help me up here!

I'm from Ecuador and I'mcourrently living in my country (Ecuador). I want to set up a sole LLC in US. My travel agency will sell tourist packages for Florida. Which is the best state so set up in? Florida or Delaware? I wont have any employee in US, i'll be running my business from Ecuador. I know in DE I don't pay as much taxes as in FL. How much would I have to pay if my sales would be around 5000 per month.

Thank you!

Freelancier
11-12-2012, 08:08 AM
In order to create a registered business entity (Corporation, LLC, LLP) in the USA, you'll need a local "agent" in the state where you create the entity. The purpose of the "agent" is to receive any lawsuits or legal documents from the local governments. It's likely the same there in Ecuador. A lot of attorneys are around in each state to provide these services at low cost. Delaware probably has the highest density of these agents, just because there aren't a lot of people in Delaware and it has very business-friendly laws, and companies don't want to open an office in Delaware just to take advantage of those laws. So... find a local agent in the state where you want to register and then register your business entity. As for what taxes you'll need to pay, you should check with accountants local to where you register your business.

cobase
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
If you're just starting out, I'd recommend reading through some of the resources at LegalZoom. You may want to talk to a lawyer, but you may also opt to keep it simple and do the research on your own.

There are also some more resources for legal formation at Legal Formation (http://cobase.com/legal_formation). There is no shortage of firms that will do LLC filings for you, but some of the top ones are listed there.

Hope that helps!
Tyler