PDA

View Full Version : Zip file standard format

nealrm
11-07-2012, 09:28 AM
I have created a Zip file from PHP using ZipArchive. It is the standard zip archive compression that comes with PHP.

The files download and work great with Windows. However, if someone has jZip, 7-zip or some other third party zip program installed, they get an error message about not being able to handle the format.

Is there a way to make a zip for that all these programs can open??

MikeBFS1
11-07-2012, 10:40 AM
The reason is because 7 zip can only open these supported file formats:Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z
J-zip supports: the same as 7 zip, however, in order to "merge files" you will have to make some manual regedit changes.
There is this site called: ICanLocalize – Expert Translation at Unbeatable Prices (http://www.icanlocalize.com). A good check. Also try PHP FILE MANAGER called eXtplorer.

nealrm
11-07-2012, 12:38 PM
What does that link have to do with this discussion?? I don't need a translation server.

The file manager does allow for the creation of zip files, but I need an automated solution. I have it setup so that the agents can click on a link for a listing and get a zip file that contains all the photos for that listing. I have too many properties to manually create a zip file for each listing.

What I need is to be able to make Zip files on the fly that 7-zip, jZip and other Zip programs can read.

Is there more than one zip format, with each package using its own?