PDA

View Full Version : Whatup Peeps?

GreaterVisibility
08-08-2008, 09:55 AM
I was "shemwelljr" on the other forums, and came here after another member from there told me about these new forums. I'm glad to be here, and although I'm not necessarily a prolific poster, I can be quite the prolific lurker.

I hope to see this forum take off and really respect many of the posters that I've already seen come over here.

As far as I go, my business interests are varied, frankly too varied. So, I'm trying to sit and focus on things better now, so as to achieve success with my many ideas one at a time, rather than by attempting everything at once.

My wife and I currently have a cleaning business and a mobile auto detailing service. Cleaning is pretty much our full time income, and detailing fills around when there are openings. I've always loved marketing, so I started a marketing business, or I'm doing so currently, as I have time to do so.

Thanks to the Steve's for starting a new forum up for those of us that got tired of the mess on the other one! Also, thanks to yet another Steve for telling me what was going on, as I didn't visit the other forum much anymore!

Mike
Everclean Cleaning Services (http://www.countthehours.com)
Mobile Car Care (http://www.mymobilecarcare.com)
www.greatervisibility.com

KristineS
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you made it over.

Coach Morse
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Mike,
Welcome aboard!

vangogh
08-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike. It's ok if you're not the most prolific post and prefer lurking. We're still happy to have you as part of the community. Post as you like, lurk as you like and spread the word about us.

Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy your stay.

cbscreative
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I remember your previous user name, though it has been a long time since I've seen you post. I already read your post on another thread and appreciated seeing you share those insights. It's great to have you with us here and knowing the word is spreading about this new SBF. Vangogh and I are very glad we could do this, and Kristine has been a pleasure to work with too as our other admin. We are all pleased with the response and seeing valued members join us here so we can continue having a top notch forum.

Paul Elliott
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I was "shemwelljr" on the other forums, and came here after another member from there told me about these new forums. I'm glad to be here, and although I'm not necessarily a prolific poster, I can be quite the prolific lurker.

I hope to see this forum take off and really respect many of the posters that I've already seen come over here.

Mike, thanks for showing me where everyone has gone!

My wife and I currently have a cleaning business and a mobile auto detailing service. Cleaning is pretty much our full time income, and detailing fills around when there are openings. I've always loved marketing, so I started a marketing business, or I'm doing so currently, as I have time to do so.

Are you preparing each of your businesses for sale as you develop them?;)

Thanks to the Steve's for starting a new forum up for those of us that got tired of the mess on the other one! Also, thanks to yet another Steve for telling me what was going on, as I didn't visit the other forum much anymore!

I found that I had to sign-up again and there were only about 3 other people, so I began looking elsewhere with little success.

Glad to be "back!"

Paul

GreaterVisibility
08-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Glad to see you made it over Paul!

Yes, I'm working on my ideas and doing so with a view to selling any businesses that I start. :D

Paul Elliott
08-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Glad to see you made it over Paul!

Yes, I'm working on my ideas and doing so with a view to selling any businesses that I start. :D

To understand that process better, read Michael Berger's book, The E-Myth Revisited.

He emphasizes working ON your business at least as much as working IN your business. He says that each day when you go to work, you are either buying or selling your business. If you are working IN it, you are buying it. If you are working ON it, you are selling it.

As you design and build your business, design in the systems (written down) on how to do everything. THAT is what you pay McDonald's whatever the going rate is for a new franchise ($1+ million). That 6-foot manual that allows a 16-year-old to run a McD restaurant is the key to the genius of Ray Kroc's development of the chain! EVERYTHING is written down.

There are a number of people and companies who do not want to start enterprises but who do want to buy one that is already going without the initial headaches. They LOVE to RUN them. Others of us love to start them. ;)

Thank you, again, for letting me know where "everyone" is now!

Paul

Steve B
08-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi Mike,

Glad to see you made it over. I always like to have input from people that run businesses that are not primariy internet based.