PDA

View Full Version : New tool: SEO Site Checkup

cobase
10-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi all,

I came across a new tool today that others may find useful. It's called SEO Site Checkup and it can help you analyze your site to improve it for speed & content: SEO Tools, Software and Articles - SEO Site Checkup (http://www.seositecheckup.com/)

Hope it helps!
Tyler

dianecoleen
10-24-2012, 04:42 PM
This is a more comprehensive tool than other SEO tool I have tried. You can also try Woorank tool, they also provide accurate analysis with addition on your social media influence. Will share this page so they can have an additional option of SEO tool. Thank you for sharing!

rave
10-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Thanks for sharing this tool mate it helps a lot and analyze website for improvement.

ozetel
10-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Excellent thanks for sharing.

Always a bit nervous about putting my domain into these types of things - did you get spammed after wards or think its all legit? Does it issue a report of problem areas and solutions to the problems or is it a case of then going off and researching how to deal with any issues that may be reported back to me?

Keen to have a look but guess being a little bit cautious from past history - thanks though looks helpful.

vangogh
10-30-2012, 12:50 AM
The tool seems ok. For the most part it seems to offer useful advice. However and this a big however, you should never blindly trust these tools. They aren't the end all and be all of anything. Ultimately they're just the opinion or one person or a few people who built the tool and they often provide advice that isn't relevant.

I checked my site and the tool told me I wasn't doing things that I absolutely am doing. It advises adding meta keywords, which are a complete waste of time. And it advises things based solely on seo considerations. Sometimes there are valid reasons not to do something even if it is good for search engines.

Overall this tool does seem pretty good to me. It gets a lot more right than not. In fact it pointed out a couple of things to me I hadn't realized I was doing and now know to fix. Just be careful about putting blind faith in any tool. The best way to use a tool like this is to get the results and use those results as a starting point for your own research.

imarketingpromoter
05-15-2013, 04:27 AM
This kind of tools should only be used as guidelines. If you have SEO problems, you should find the root cause and act on it.

vangogh
05-16-2013, 03:37 PM
This kind of tools should only be used as guidelines.

Agreed. The danger in these tools mainly lies in people blindly following their advice without questioning how that advice came to be. When I first looked at this tool, it seemed generally fine, but there were clearly some errors in reporting. Tools like this one are usually best for learning. Take what the tool recommends as a starting point for additional research.

Tyrant
05-19-2013, 05:46 PM
This kind of tools should only be used as guidelines. If you have SEO problems, you should find the root cause and act on it.

Agreed. As long as the results are generated by a robot you can not actually guarantee that Google's robot looks at the website the same way, since they are keeping their algorithm (mostly) a secret. On the other hand such tools come handy for beginners, they can be a good reference point.

vangogh
05-24-2013, 02:07 PM
On the other hand such tools come handy for beginners, they can be a good reference point.

Yep. The trick is to understand that these tools aren't meant to followed blindly. See what they're reporting on to find a few topics to research. Not everything the tools suggest is right or important, but the topics can usually point you in the right direction when it comes to learning.

ericw
06-03-2013, 05:20 PM
This was useful enough for me to hit CTRL+D and bookmark it.

As an FYI to anyone else who uses this on their site or a client site - it seems to have a caching issue and if you run the same website twice after making changes, it won't update with the new information. The duration of this cache is unknown.

AtlantisCapital
06-25-2013, 01:46 PM
wow, just found it out, let me give a try, hopefully it will help me to improve our seo score!

PayForWords
08-08-2013, 11:44 PM
This tool is actually pretty awesome for someone looking to get going.

I wouldn't base all your SEO efforts on this tool alone but it'll get you pointed in the right direction.

One of the better free tools I've seen for sure.

vangogh
08-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Point you in the right direction is what I think these tools can be useful for. The main thing is not to think optimizing for the tool is the same as optimizing for a search engine. These tools only cover so much and getting 100% on any of them doesn't mean you're going to do well in search engines. There's a lot more to success in search engines that what these tools show you. That said if you're new to seo tools like this one can be a good start to learning.