PDA

View Full Version : Site ReAdjustment Critique

HireLogoDesign
10-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I had a design before that I was content with, but the more I looked at it the more I hated it. I tried to be to similar to other webdesign services and it just didn't work out. It didn't match what I was trying to do with it. Thus, we now have this design...what do you all think? Hire A Logo Designer (http://www.hirelogo.com)

HireLogoDesign
10-14-2012, 08:38 PM
wait what? My link was turned into "hire a logo designer"? Is this an automatic adjustment? That wasn't intentional.. why did this happen? and I think I may have posted in the wrong section.. can someone move this for me. I'm not sure what just happened with my computer either..it went hay wire for a second there.

ozetel
10-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi
I was just having a quick look for you and was wondering was it the logo itself you wanted some feedback on or the site layout/design?

The design is nice in terms of colours and feel of the site. It is quite warm and informative. Just a bit of a critique, it feels a little cluttered to me and the amount of different sample logos and general images on the page is a little too much for the eye. Perhaps simplifying this a bit would be good.

Your logo itself is cool, it takes a little while to comprehend the word Logo as being a face but thats a nice concept.

Hope this helps - let me know if I am reviewing the wrong things.

fayt
10-15-2012, 03:26 PM
There is a good bit of white space, that is a plus. But on the footer "All artwork, creations, logo design, found on" etc needs a margin top by about 5 pixels. It's touching the top.
The hire me page freezes for about 30 seconds when selecting logo design.

Other than that, looks good.

Gabe
10-16-2012, 11:06 AM
It's nice, but there's a lot going on. Prospective customers may feel overwhelmed. Make it simple. What do you want them to do? It probably depends on what they're there for. Next narrow down what kind of customers visit your site...would it be logo designers and logo shoppers? Maybe have clear calls to action for each of them. If that's the case, then the sole purpose of your homepage should be 1) to tell them they're in the right place and 2) send them to the right page for them, i.e. Logo Designer? Click here to get listed | Looking for a logo? Click here for the perfect logo.

Just examples, but I hope you get the idea. Don't try to cram it all on the first page. Also, the only obvious call to action on the homepage is you 'Order Now' button, which is a bit presumptuous. Maybe take them to a page that explains why you're right for them, then put the order now button on that page. I don't know enough about the typical logo sales funnel, but some analytics and heat map tracking can tell you what's going on. Either way, the path should be obvious, i.e. there should be an invisible hand moving prospective customers along in the buying process.

Some other suggestions:
-Simplify as much as you can and clean it up. For example, why do you have 'client login' twice on every page? It's at the top of the page and in the menu navigation.
-Your page loads pretty slowly, this will cost you sales. Look into caching, compression, minification, consolidation, optimizing images, a better host, etc. I didn't dig deep into why it's slow, but it should be much faster. Use YSlow, Google PageSpeed, Pingdom tools and webpagetest.org to find out more. For example, you page has 39 http requests, way too many.
-You have ads on your site...for other companies...why? That doesn't inspire confidence. Are they making you enough money to make up for the authority they cost you? Affiliate links are fine if they help your customers but ads are not ok. An exception is if they're for relevant services and they're unobtrusive. I saw a large ad for pizza hut.

I hope this helps. All in all I like your company, but I think your website could be improved to reflect your company's true value. With a better website you'd be able to charge more too.