PDA

View Full Version : You are who you associate yourself with, right?

Tstotle
10-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Hey everybody, new to the site, so therefore obviously new to the forum. I come from a very entrepreneurial family, been around business my entire life. All brick and mortar stuff though. This online thing, as many of you probably already know, is a whole different beast. Have made several personal attempts at business when I was younger, and failed. Although I can point outwards to many reasons for those failures I am smart and realistic enough to realize the most important reasons were my thumbs pointing back at "this guy". That list was long, let me tell ya.

Mistakes and failures are only useless if you do not learn from them. I have reflected on those failures, taken that knowledge and applied it to the fact that I do not want to ever work for anyone else ever again, went out and co-founded a website. Got everything going, great products, selling to a relatively untapped niche, getting traction, etc., etc., but am starting to lose that ever so important personal motivation. After thinking about the why behind it, I have decided it is because I am not surrounding myself with like minded driven people. Therefore, here I am.

Sorry, that was a pretty long winded way of saying hello. I am looking forward to interacting with you all and the brain storming, conversation, constructive criticism, tweeking of ideas and all the rest that comes with it. Hope I can add some value.

Cheers y'all.

vangogh
10-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Tstotle. Cool you have the entrepreneurial gene. You're born for going into business. Maybe the experience is brick and mortar, but I'm sure you'll do fine. A lot of the same basic principles apply to both. You still need a business model and you need to market your products or services. The details, the tactics change, but the overall strategies are very much the same.

Sounds like you have the right spirit and attitude to do fine. Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

Pack-Secure
10-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Welcome and hello to the forums. We have all failed at one time or another, but yes, to learn from the failures is key.

KristineS
10-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the forums. Surrounding yourself with like minded individuals is very important. Having worked in some situations that were quite toxic, I've come to realize that who you work with is as important as what you do, if not more important.

MostHeather
10-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome and thanks for the words of wisdom! It's a pleasure to meet you :)

Tstotle
10-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey everybody, got busy, lost track of the thread. Thanks for the responses and the kind words. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

Cheers.