PDA

View Full Version : ask: How to get more Google Backlinks?

ltito
09-26-2012, 06:49 AM
I used SEO for Chrome in my browser to check backlinks in my blog and find 78 alexa and only 3 from google (technorati).

I try to improve that quantity with my google profil, create many blogspot and link it to my blog, and create google site, but only 1 get index. I thinks google backlinks more important than alexa. Is any effective way to get more backlinks from google?

Harold Mansfield
09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I used SEO for Chrome in my browser to check backlinks in my blog and find 78 alexa and only 3 from google (technorati).

I try to improve that quantity with my google profil, create many blogspot and link it to my blog, and create google site, but only 1 get index. I thinks google backlinks more important than alexa. Is any effective way to get more backlinks from google?

1. Don't worry about Alexa. It means nothing .
2. Blogspot? Over. Self manipulating your own links is over.

So how do you do it?

By having a site and creating content that is respected in your field, and then guerrilla marketing through social media, networks, sharing, participating in discussions, and writing for other sites and gain your followers one by one based on your knowledge. The more you gain, the more they will share with others. In short, create content that people want to share and link back to you.

The 3 way link party that you are trying to do is a tough way to go about it. Writing articles on one site, and linking those to where you really want people to be. The shortest distance is a straight line. Even if others linked to that content to raise it's ranking, it's a long journey to get it it up so much that it has any effect on the others. Actually, the odds are slim.

Other than that, there's advertising.

vangogh
09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Don't spend time worrying about backlink counts, especially from Google. Google has never reported all the links they know about pointing to your site. You do want to get other sites linking to pages on your site, but spending time worrying about the count isn't going to help you.

What you want to do is create content on your site that people want to link to. That tends to be informational or entertaining articles. They could be written articles or video or audio or infographic. The idea is to create content people like and want to share with others. To figure out what that content is, it's a good idea to pay attention to other sites in the same industry. See what they're doing and which content of theirs is attracting people and links.

ltito
09-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks Harold with your advice and I agree with you, content is the king. Advertising? maybe later not this time.

ltito
09-27-2012, 01:45 AM
To figure out what that content is, it's a good idea to pay attention to other sites in the same industry.

pay attention to competition? yeah, that good idea! I will do it.

vangogh
09-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Once you get a feel for it you may not need to look to competitors, but it can be helpful when you aren't sure what to to write about or create a video about. Not that your competitors are always doing things right, but it can help you generate ideas. Also if you're paying attention to what others in your industry are saying you'll get a feel for what the big stories are and what the market is probably interested in.