PDA

View Full Version : Please Critique My Website :)

Pack-Secure
09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
It seems your web address is missing from this post :eek:

Serfaksan
09-11-2012, 06:46 PM
It seems someone is deleting my entire post :/ I thought I had posted before but when I came back there wasn't any post here, so I thought maybe I forgot, and posted this back and now I can only see your comment D:

any rules about creating new post if I'm new?

Serfaksan
09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Anyways, here's my website

epicwebstudio.com

I'm trying to optimize this so I can start getting customers from Australia and the UK through Google Ads and Facebook Ads, so I would like to know more ideas on how can I improve this

Please be brutally honest, I can take it :)

acctng
09-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Whenever I go to a site that automatically plays sound, any sound, I flee. Same goes for sites that automatically pop up pages I didn't want to see.
So, sorry, didn't get to critique your site.

Wozcreative
09-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Thanks for posting your site Serfaksan,

I'm a full-time freelance designer so I will give you my critique based on my own design experience.

Things I like:
• The overall color scheme.
• Big text/headers/call outs
• Bigger fonts
• Graphs are nice to have as a visual
• General design was very much up to date with today's online trends (the subtle patterns for example).

Things that did not work:
• The instant sound was horrendous to me. If I were in an office, I would startle and piss off a lot of people! Not to mention get myself in trouble with the higher ups.
• The font thats used for the paragraphs is far too condensed and difficult to read. The size is good though. (They say not to make it less than 16 pt, because of the mobile industry).
• Each interior page seems to have a broken layout where the first 2 lines of text have a background issue (black line going through it).
• There is no consistency with the hue of the orange you've used. Stick to one orange hue
• The logo is poorly developed. Nothing about it says "Epic". If you are going to go for a shield design, go for something stronger, use negative space, use thicker lines as well (you can't see the orange lines and text clear enough when shrunken).
• The subscribe button doesn't tell me "what" I am subscribing to. Spam? Newsletter? Coupons?
• Don't underline text that is NOT a link—this confuses even the most internet savvy people

That's about it! In general it is a good site, but if a designer were looking to hire someone for some web help, they may not stick around.

Elabusiness
09-12-2012, 05:06 AM
HI Serfaksan, You can optimize your website on Social Networks to get direct customers for the business. Its better nowadays to use social media networks to optimize business. Moreover, you can also hire a marketing agency for this.

KristineS
09-13-2012, 11:29 AM
I have to agree that any site that starts playing video and music at me is a site I'm going to leave pretty quickly. Give visitors the option to watch if they want to do so.

The other thing I would recommend is to have someone proofread your site. There are some grammar errors, one entire paragraph that is just a run on sentence and some phrasing that is awkward. I think you could do some work on the text to make it work a little better for you.

Also, what's the deal with the references to the Norse Gods in the text? Is that an inside joke?

Serfaksan
09-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks a lot guys, I already fixed most of the problems you told me, I truly appreciate it :)

sstruemph
09-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Did you create the rounded corner call to action buttons in Photoshop? On the home page the first "sign in" button looks correct but as you go down the page you use the same button graphic only it gets bigger and the corners are losing their nice rounded corners. In Photoshop if you drag to resize a box with rounded corners the corners don't dynamically resize so you lose the nice smooth roundedness. There might be a setting in PS to avoid that happening (I'm not sure) otherwise I would just draw a new rounded rectangle shape for each sized button and apply the same styles to it to maintain the rounded corners. Another option is to use CSS to create the rounded corners then and you can even use CSS to create the gradient fill color.

I also agree that the video should not auto-play... its annoying. If you want something more visual up there (because a paused video might not get viewed which might be why you have it set to auto-play) you could replace it with a slideshow or a static graphic... maybe split it into two columns and do a graphic and a video.

Otherwise it looks good!