PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on how to add a tutorial to blog

jamesray50
09-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I am thinking about (just thinking) adding instructional tutorial videos into my blogs. Most of my blogs center around topics that explain how to do something. I don't use any graphics in my blogs, mostly because I just don't know how to edit graphics. Try as I may, I just can't get the hang of it. I spend way too much time working with the graphic and then get so frustrated that I end up not even writing that blog. And I like reading blogs that have graphics in them, especially ones that are explaining how to do something.

The tutorial videos I am thinking about doing would be how to do things in the accounting software I use. I would show tips, tricks, short cuts, where to find things, etc. It would be a brief video of what the blog is about. I want the video to be of my computer screen only with audio, no shot of me in it and only run for less than maybe 2 minutes. I don't want my audience to lose interest. (comments welcome - please).

Okay - what I am asking for help with - I have no idea how to do this. I have googled this and have not found what I am looking for and thought someone here could direct me to some articles/websites on how to create instructional tutorials and how to insert them into a blog.

Thanks,

Harold Mansfield
09-08-2012, 06:40 PM
OK, let me answer the last question first. Once you have the videos created, you can simply upload them to You Tube and that will make embedding them easier. That way you use You Tubes resources, instead of hosting your own videos on your hosting account. And it gives you more collateral across the web.

As far as creating videos, I'm assuming that you need to do some kind of screen capture videos, that you will be speaking over. I see most people who do that, using this: Software for screen recording and video editing (http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html)

I'm not going to tell you it's any easier to pick up than doing simple image edits, it's not. But it's not complete rocket science. If it's what you really want to do, you can learn it.

I suspect that you are having problems with your blog images, because you are hunting and pecking and haven't actually learned how to do it.
WordPress TV has "How To" videos. Here's one about using images and other media: Embedding photos, video & audio into your posts | WordPress.tv (http://wordpress.tv/2009/01/05/embedding-photos-video-audio-into-your-posts/)

jamesray50
09-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks Harold. I'll check out those sites. You're right, I do hunt and peck, I have never actually taken the time to try and learn how to do it correctly.

MyITGuy
09-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Camtasia for recording your desktop and Audio and converting them into videos
Snagit for capturing screenshots of your desktop and saving them as images.

Both are from TechSmith.com which Harold lined to above.

Isaiah Coe
09-19-2012, 07:30 PM
I recommend Camtasia just like MyITGuy, it's excellent for recording and good for editing. But if you want editing software I recommend Sony Vegas.
For capturing screenshots I just use print screen button and copy and paste it into Photoshop.

If you have any more questions please ask, I know allot about video creation and marketing.

HireLogoDesign
09-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I actually use gotoWebinar which is a part of gotomeeting. If you get gotoWebinar you get goToMeeting. I hate how that works, but it is what it is. You can't have just one. More expensive, but I also hold webinars so it is a necessity. This allows me the ability to record what I am doing. The only thing that you have to be careful of is you'll need another computer logged in as a view of the webinar or it will close on you.

I've also used livestream and ustream, but bogs down my computer. I do all of my editing after with magix movie edit pro. I've been able to do a lot with these including tutorial videos.