PDA

View Full Version : Need plastic packaging source

photokomodo
09-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm new to this site and this is my first post. I've been looking for plastic packaging for iPhone 4, iPad and Kindle aftermarket products for weeks and most suppliers are from China. I'm concerned about getting burned. Are there any China based distributors located domestically that can make things easier? I'm looking only for the plastic packaging (clamshell style) we're going to design and print the outside paper carton (that the plastic packaging fits into) locally. People have recommended Alibaba but I like having some one a little more local.

It doesn't have to be specifically clamshell but something similar that can fit into a paper outer container while keeping the product secure.

vangogh
09-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forum photokomodo. I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to at least welcome you to the forum and also reply to your question so it's becomes more visible again to anyone who might have an answer for you.

Where have you looked so far for packaging? As far as protecting yourself from getting burned you could try placing a smaller order as a test. You could still get burned, but you'd be minimizing how badly.

canvard
09-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Well, I am from China, and in plastic packaging industry. lots of customers import from china.why not import? well, if you donot buy a lot and need printing, I think you can ask the local people to make it

sirabe42
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I can help with that! Our manufacturing facility is based in PA. We design and create custom thermoforomed plastic packaging, but may have some stock clam-shell items that would work for your product. Feel free to email me for more info! sbrautigam@uppi.com Thanks and good luck!