PDA

View Full Version : What is a called out comment?

jamesray50
08-25-2012, 07:47 PM
I was reading an article today and it had 5 comments and 2 called out. I have never seen "called out" and don't know what it means?

Thanks

cheryl
08-26-2012, 03:40 AM
I haven't heard of it either, but I wonder if it's another name for a pingback where you get a notification when someone links to your article?

HireLogoDesign
08-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Yeah or maybe a "like" similar to facebook. Could be a recommended comment by readers. I wouldn't assume that is correct or take my word for it though as it could be the opposite!

KristineS
08-27-2012, 11:11 AM
I Googled it and it appears "called out" comments are comments that someone highlighted and/or liked. It sounds like it's a way for readers and those who comment to highlight comments they think are especially useful or interesting. I don't think that function exists on every blog. Based on my Google search it looked like it was primarily a Forbes magazine online thing.

imarketingpromoter
05-16-2013, 07:07 AM
I think replies to comments are the same thing.

Harold Mansfield
05-16-2013, 02:51 PM
I Googled it and it appears "called out" comments are comments that someone highlighted and/or liked. It sounds like it's a way for readers and those who comment to highlight comments they think are especially useful or interesting. I don't think that function exists on every blog. Based on my Google search it looked like it was primarily a Forbes magazine online thing.

This is pretty much it. A "call out" is just a way (using HTML) to highlight something. A passage or idea within a page. You can also use them to pay attribution to a source, or author.
A quote box is kind of a form of a call out too but it's purpose is ..well for actual quotes.

patrickprecisione
05-24-2013, 12:02 PM
It sounds like it's a way for readers and those who comment to highlight comments they think are especially useful or interesting.

That's what I figured it was. I've been on blogs that have a "recommended" feature that let's you recommend comments you like. I assumed it was something like that.

Nostromov
09-11-2014, 11:15 PM
What is a called out comment?
0ld post, eye know; but, this is kinda (!) interesting IMO:
karenecarlson.com/forbes-com-what-does-it-mean-when-your-comment-is-called-out/

.. Found it funny, because:

I didn’t know what that meant! I thought it meant I was in some sort of trouble. And when you Google it (nothing Google does makes sense anymore), there was no specific information on what it meant to have your comment called out.
&& it's c00l, 2, right?!?? =)

evoc
06-20-2015, 09:02 PM
I was reading an article today and it had 5 comments and 2 called out. I have never seen "called out" and don't know what it means?

Thanks

This reply comes years after your post, however I had the same question today. I did satisfactorily find an answer via google. The answer, as you surely now know, is your comment has been posted 'considered valuable to the conversation'.

deepika007
06-22-2015, 06:54 AM
When your comment is called out then it means that contributors can highlight comments they find particularly interesting. These called-out comments are visible below a contributor’s post. Called-out comments may also appear in Activity Feeds.